2. Father Dearest

TW for my bitches with daddy issues. You're gonna cry. I did too. It's okay.

After eating breakfast with Jellal, Meredy, and Ultear, you got dressed and headed to the train station. You'd be heading back to the Fairy Tail guild in order tell Makarov about your plans, and to see if he would help.

The hours passed by slowly until you finally made it to Magnolia. You went through the doors of the guildhall and everyone went silent as they realized who you were.

"(F/n)! Back already?" Makarov asked with a large grin. He sat atop the bar with his legs crossed.

"Yes, and I need to talk to you."

The older man nodded his head, before jumping off the counter. "Come with me," he walked to the back of the guild until going through some doors. You both ended up outside and he sat atop a tree stump. You stood with your hands in your pockets.

"I have another favor to ask..." you sighed, "You've heard of the Grand Magic Games, yes?"

"I have."

"Well, I talked to my brother. He said that he has sensed Zeref's energy every year at the games. He needs to find out what it is but it's too dangerous for him to be there since it's heavily guarded-"

"He broke out of prison?"

"Oh, uh, yes," you nervously chuckled. "He... didn't tell me how, but he formed a guild. It's an independent guild, neither legal nor dark, called Crime Sorciere. The members wish to redeem their crimes. Their main goal is to take down Zeref."

"I see," he looked down and caressed his beard.

You let out a breath of air. Sometimes, it was hard to figure out what he was thinking. "He needs me to go and figure it out... and he wanted me to ask you if I could pose as Mystogan in the games. I don't have a spot in the Magic Council as of now, so I could also temporarily join Fairy Tail so you don't have to risk getting banned," you stared at the ground, anxious to meet the older man's eyes.

"Hm, I'm willing to help you. Are you sure you want to, however?"

"Of course. I've always been intrigued by guild life."

"Alright then. Come back a week from now. I'll get you your Fairy Tail mark and we'll discuss it further from there."

You said your farewells and you headed back to the train station.

Next stop, Era.

You stepped off the train into the historic city of Era. In the distance sat the large headquarters of the Magic Council and Rune Knights. You walked there, nodding your head, waving, and/or smiling at passerbys until you made it there.

You walked into the lobby and up to the receptionist. You stood in silence, waiting for her to speak.

"Yes?" She asked, not glancing up.

"Oh, uh, is there a Magic Council member currently in?"

"Yes, but he's very busy," she sighed.

"Can you tell him it's an emergency?"

She finally glanced up, "Well-" her eyes went wide as saucers. She felt around for the phone before quickly looking down to punch in the numbers. "Uh, hi, yes, there's someone here to see you. Yes, I-I know your... yes... Well, it's um," she glanced back at you before looking at her desk again, "It's (F/n) Fernandez."

She continuously nodded her head before muttering, "Yes sir," and hung up. "Gran Doma will see you now. Just, take the elevator to the 6th floor."