4. Day One

The preliminary round started at midnight. After defeating many teams of guilds, you guys made it to the end of the labyrinth. When your team arrived to the exit, it was revealed by the MC that your team had placed second. It was obvious who placed first, however...

"The Grand Magic Games are about to begin! I am Chapati Lola, and I'll be handling the play-by-play, while former Council member, Mr. Yajima, will be providing commentary! Our guest for today is Blue Pegasus member, Jenny Realight, who holds the title of Miss Fiore!"

"We're gonna win this year!" The blonde cheered.

"Now, to introduce the competitors! First up in eighth place! Can this rowdy bunch with an uncharacteristic name reclaim its former glory?! It's Fairy Tail!" Boos were then heard throughout the whole audience.

"Wh-What..?" The others sweat dropped.

"Despite coming last every year before, Fairy Tail managed to make it past the preliminary round and secure its spot in one of the eight places! Will the Tenrou Team's sensational return help them become Fiore's greatest guild?!"

"I'm truly glad for them. Congratulations, Fairy Tail!" Yajima commented.

The guild started cheering them on in the stands. You smiled to yourself. It didn't matter if Fairy Tail was hated by the world. If they had each other, they could pull through anything.

"Next up, is seventh place! The army of hellhounds... Quatro Cerberus!"

"Wild!" They all shouted while walking out.

"In sixth place, a guild of all girls! The dancers of the great, blue sea, Mermaid Heel!"

"In fifth place, with azure wings that glimmer in the jet black darkness: Blue Pegasus!"

"Next in fourth place! The goddess of love and strife! The sacred destroyer! Lamia Scale!"

"Next in third place is- oh my! What a surprise! This midnight flying squadron placed third in its debut appearance! Raven Tail!" Whispers were then heard throughout the audience.

"But they're a dark guild, are they not?" You questioned.

"Are they seriously letting dark guilds compete?!" Laxus scowled.

"Official sources state that even though Raven Tail has existed over seven years, it has recently obtained official guild status." Chapati informed.

"If it's been approved by the guild league, than it is not a dark guild." Yajima added in.

"Now, only two other teams cleared the preliminary round! In second place is- oh wow! Another surprise! Will these fallen wings be the key to soaring victory?! Making a completely unexpected appearance is..."

Laxus created the guild emblem out of lightning.

"Fairy Tail Team B!"

"Laxus?!"

"Gajeel?!"

"Big sis?!"

"Juvia?!"

"Mystogan?! Wait! How is he here?! And why is he a girl?!" Natsu shouted, which you wish he would shut up.

"Wait... (F/n)... is that..." Erza trailed off.

You brought a finger to your lips.

"Seriously?!"

"Fairy Tail is impressive, having two teams qualify."