8. Way with Words

Day two of the Grand Magic Games came to an interesting end.

Mirajane and Jenny ended up betting that the loser would have to pose nude for Sorcerer Weekly. Mirajane won the match, knocking the blonde down with one hit.

The next battle was even more eventful. Yukino Aguria of Sabertooth went against Kagura Mikazuchi of Mermaid Heel. They both bet each other's lives. It was then that you found out that Yukino was also a Celestial Wizard, possessing Libra the Scales, Pisces the Two Fish, and the thirteenth gate, Ophiuchus, the Snake Charmer. Surprisingly enough, the Celestial Wizard ended up losing. Sabertooth won no points at all for day two. If rumors were anything to go off of, Sabertooth's guild master would have their heads.

Later on in the day, Chapati Lola, the main announcer, approached you, asking you to be the guest announcer for day 3 of the games. He said that Lahar was supposed to be it, but he got caught up in his work. You agreed, because you thought it would be fun, and you could possibly get information for Jellal.

But enough of that, you had a date to get to, and no way were you going to let it be ruined. You wanted to at least try and enjoy it. You wanted to look past the nearly-being-blackmailed part and try to get to know Sting as a person. You also wanted to look nice, so you decided to get your sister's help. You headed to the inn she was staying at, and she let you in.

"Erza, I need your help," you said to her.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to wear for the date."

Erza's eyes sparkled. "My time has come. When is the date?"

"Six."

"So we have two hours. That's plenty of time. Hurry, get in the shower," she pushed you towards the bathroom. You quickly took a shower, and once you finished and put your underwear on, Erza pulled you out of the bathroom.

"So, is it formal or casual?"

"I'm not sure, but if I had my guess, casual."

"Alright." Erza pulled out many different outfits. You tried them all on, and you chose your favorite out of them. You also bandaged your left hand to cover your guild mark. Erza brought you to the full body mirror.
"You're so pretty," she smiled. "Sting doesn't deserve to be blessed by your presence.

You rolled your eyes at her.

Erza sighed. "Alright, if it escalates and you are uncomfortable, don't hesitate to kick his ass. I'll do it for you if need be."

You laughed. "Okay."

Erza looked up at the clock on the wall. "You better go ahead and go. There's 15 minutes left." You grabbed your purse and hugged her goodbye, leaving the hotel afterwards.

You got to the fountain at 5:59, and just as Sting walked up. He was now wearing a button up shirt, but it was only buttoned half way, leaving view to his chest and the upper part of his abs. His sleeves were rolled up, leaving view to his strong hands and forearms. His shirt was tucked into some jeans which were held up by a belt. He wore some black boots as well. Though it was a simple look, he looked very attractive. Even his hair was styled differently, and it gave him a lighter look that was less douchey in a way.

He whistled, taking in your appearance. "I'm surprised you dressed up."

"You did too," you shrugged.

"Obviously. I wanted to impress you," he smirked, holding out his arm for you to take.

"There are other ways to impress a girl than just looks," you interlocked arms with him.