A New School Year!

"Y/N, you ready for our first class in high school?"

"Heck no, I'm sweating bullets over here!"

"Hahah, well, see you afterwards!

"Wait- I thought we were in the same class!"

My best friend Bella quickly hurries off to her class, looking back with a smug look on her face.
Ugh
She lied to me about being in the same classes. Of course she pulls a prank on me on the first day of school. I'm terrible at making new friends, and she was my only way of doing that. And I know she knew that. All I can hope for is that my other friends are in my class too.
If she didn't lie to me, I could've asked some other people beforehand! Now all I can do is wish for the best. 

I enter the classroom scouring the room, hoping somebody I know is there. 
Nobody.
Not a single familiar face. 
I take my seat, and wait for the class to start. Everybody is in groups, chatting away. While I'm here, alone at my desk, already wanting summer vacation to arrive. 

The bell rings.

Alright kiddos, get ready for introductions!

A black blur passed my field of vision. I turn my head, surprised. There was a dark figure staring right at me. It looked like it was made of ink, and it frightened me. I couldn't just get up to leave, so I had to sit there and deal with it. I looked around, to see if anybody else noticed the ink monster. Everybody was listening to the teacher, paying no attention to the figure in the corner. 

The entire class I wanted to puke.

~

Ughhhhhhhh.

"Hey, you're finally here! I'm guessing you've got nobody in your class this year?" Bella said 
"How observant. It was so terrible that I started seeing things." I said. I figured since nobody else could see it, it was just an illusion. Although, I looked like I just stepped out of a grave. Class was so depressing that it drained all the life out of me...
"You'll get over it eventually and make some new friends. Anyways, you look like you haven't slept in days! You're practically a dead skeleton. Here, come sit and eat." Bella motioned towards the seat next to her. I sat down, telling her a skeleton is already dead. She laughed at her mistake, and started eating.

"So, do you have a new crush yet?" 

"Bella, it's the first day of school and you're already gushing about crushes."

Bella loves to tease anybody and everybody about crushes. Sometimes she'd forced them to hang out with their crush just so she could hear all about the interaction afterward.
"Come on, you know I can't help it! It's a necessity for me to live. Hey, are you listening?"

"Oh, sorry, I thought I saw something again. I guess the nervousness hasn't worn off yet."

"Jeez, you really need to calm down! Here, I've got the perfect idea. I'll tell you about my new crush!"
Bella exclaimed.
"You've got a new crush already? That's absurd. It's more like a fantasy crush than a real crush, you can't start liking somebody in less than 24 hours!"   I sighed.
"Come on, you know I can't help it. Plus, he's extremely hot! I'll have to show you him sometime." Bella replied. I gave her an unamused look as I continue to eat my food. "Fine, I'll change the subject." Bella sighed.

~

"Bella is really nice, but she can be a handful from time to time." I thought aloud.
The final class of today ended, and I'm so ready to get home.
A black figure caught my attention, and suddenly darted across the corner.
A boy in a school uniform with a scarf was chasing it.
"What the?.."
I knew if I didn't go after the boy, I'd regret it and would want to know what was going on. So I sprinted towards the direction they went. I raced across the corner, finding myself at a dead end with the boy at the end. Being the socially awkward person I was, I couldn't find the courage to speak up and ask what he was doing. The person picked up his scarf, and launched it at the floor. I then noticed the black figure laying on the floor waiting for the attack. It was much smaller, and not as scary as the one I saw in class earlier today. Somehow, the stranger used his scarf as a weapon against the weird shadow. I stared in awe wondering how he could pull that off. After he landed a hit, the shadow transformed into what looks to be a gem.
The boy picked up the gem, and puts it into his pocket. He wraps his scarf back around his neck, and turns to look back at me.

"So, are you gonna introduce yourself or not?"
He looks at me, and it almost seems like he knew I was here the entire time.
"Uhm, I'm Y/N! S-Sorry for spying! I was just curious of what the shadow thing was.. And who you are.."

"Do you not know what shades are?"

"Shades?.."

"You did see what I was attacking, correct?"

"Y-yeah.."

"Have you never seen them before?"

"No. I only started seeing things like that during my first class today. I thought it was because I was nervous, but seeing how you can see them too... I guess it's not because of that."

"Well, those shadow things are called shades. They are made up of negative human emotions. My job is to kill them. That job would be called a spirit hunter. And are you sure you've never seen one until today?"

"Yes."

"Well.. Other than that, I'm Hiroomi Nase, a 3rd year. It's nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too!"

~

Ah, finally back home.

That was one heck of a ride. On my way back home I saw another shadow. Er, shade I mean. That's what he called them anyways. He asked me if I could come to the literature clubroom after school to talk more about shades. I said yes, since I'm still pretty curious about them. Though now knowing that those "shadow things" are shades, and can attack me, frightens me.

I really really really don't want to go back to school.