Family Issues

~Hiroomi's POV~

I waited for her response. She fiddled with her hands, avoiding my eyes.

"Y/N? How are you feeling?" An unknown voice called from the other side of the door.

Y/N widened her eyes.

"Oh- I'm doing okay!.." Y/N said

"Can I come in?" 

"N-no, I'm changing!" 

Y/N gets up and motions me to leave. She whispers that it's her brother wanting to check up on her. 

I open the window, and leave. When walking away, I heard the distant voices of her and her brother. I never knew she had a brother until now. I don't have anything else on my to do list today, so I must as well head home.

~

Home sweet home. 

"Hiroomi. Where did you go?" Izumi said.

"I went on a walk. So, how's Y/N doing?" I had to play along as if I didn't know she was gone.

"Well, she's gone. Along with the belongings I took off her."

"What?" I pretended to act shocked.

"We'll have to come up with a different plan to capture her. It's obvious she's powerful enough to break through those barriers, even though she just gained her powers." Izumi said.

Good. Now Izumi believes Y/N is stronger than she actually is. 

"I assume you've already been befriending her? Keep it up. Once she puts all of her trust in you, you can lead her into a trap."

"I was there when you confronted her when she was in that barrier. What would make her believe me at all? If I was her, I'd avoid me at all costs." I lied.

"Just say you're on her side or something. Anyways, I'm going to bed. It's getting late."

I glance outside noticing it's very late.

"Alright. See you."

Izumi walks towards her bedroom, and I head to mine.

"Hey brother." Mitsuki said.

She surprised me. She was hiding in the shadows, so I didn't acknowledge her presence. 

"Oh hey. Didn't know you were there." I said.

"Are you actually going to help her?" Mitsuki asked.

"I'm thinking about it." She already trusts me completely, but gaining her powers would certainly be beneficial. Though, the pink haired chick could do the deed herself.. If that plan fails, I suppose I'll have to help.

Mitsuki fades back into the darkness, along with her little pet. I enter my bedroom, and think about life. I get ready for bed, and grab a book. Forgetting about sleep, I read through the night instead.

~

Dark circles around my eyes, I sluggishly stand up, getting ready for the day. I didn't get an ounce of sleep. I groaned, angry at myself that I didn't go to sleep. At least it's not a school day still. 

"Hiroomi, hurry up! You'll be late all over again!" Mitsuki yelled from the living room.

Crap.

I grab my book bag, and make my way to the kitchen and devoured my break feast. 

"Jeez, you forget everything. You didn't get any sleep either, did you?" Mitsuki glared at me.

I nodded, and went into auto pilot mode for the rest of the way. Mitsuki entertained herself by talking to sweet potato, her pet.

When we made it to school, I got to my desk and decided to take a nap before class started. I then started getting poked on my cheek.

"mrmm.." I groaned, assuming it's Mitsuki or that one stupid classmate.

"Hey, uhm... I just wanted to thank you. For yesterday." Y/N said.

I looked up, and she was already leaving. On the side of my desk was a scarf with a star pattern. It looked pretty. I put it on, using my other scarf as a pillow. Some time passed, and the bell rang.

I shifted my head up, ready to try my best not to fall asleep.

~

As my classmates scooted our desks close together, they started chatting away. Today in science we have a group project. We're suppose to make our own experiment with our own conclusion and stuff. I hate this already. Science isn't my strongest subject. As the smart kid in our group started listing ideas for our project, I spaced out. Maybe we could do a rocket.. Nah, that's elementary. How about a rollercoaster made out of straws? That sounds cool. 

"Hey Hiroomi, do you have any ideas?" The leader asked.

"Would a rollercoaster made out of straws be cool?" I said.

"That'd be perfect!"

Everybody cheered on my idea, finally deciding that's what we'll do. All of a sudden the teacher wanted our attention.

"I forgot to mention, this is a competition. You all will be going against the 1st and 2nd years as well. Good luck!" The teacher said.

Some people were shocked, we haven't had this competition against other years before. Might as well make the most of it.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Lets get started!" I pumped up the group.

~

We ended up discarding the idea. We couldn't figure out where to put the little rollercoaster. If we moved it, it would surely fall apart. And we can't just leave it on the desk, because classes after us will need to use the desks. We all decided to come up with a new idea in our free time. 
I headed to the club room to eat my lunch there today. When I opened it, Akihito, Mitsuki and Y/N were sitting down. 

"Funny seeing you guys here." I said

"We're apart of this club too y'know." Mitsuki glared at me.

"I hope you don't mind, but I invited Y/N to join us in the club room. Is that ok with you?" Akihito asked.

"Yeah, it's fine." I responded.

Y/N noticed I was wearing the scarf she gave me, and smiled. Dang it, she's so cute when she smiles.

I hoped in my mind that Y/N forgot what I told her yesterday. I also hoped she wouldn't bring it up. Maybe if I asked Akihito for some advice, it'll help me? Probably not, but it's worth a try.

"So Hiroomi, how has your group project gone?" Mitsuki asked.

"Terrible." I said with a tired expression.

"Good for you." Mitsuki teased.

"Sooooo, I was thinking of inviting somebody new to the club." Akihito cut in.

"Who is it?" Mitsuki asked.

"Mirai Kuriyama. She's a 1st year. Y/N, do you happen to know her?" Akihito said.

"Oh yeah, she's in my class. She's super sweet too." Y/N paused. "Is it because she has glasses?" 

"Yes, but not entirely...." Akihito trailed off.

"Uhuh. Sure, whatever you say." Y/N rolled her eyes.

We all know it's because of the glasses.

I finished up my food, and grabbed Akihito by the arm. 

"W-Wait, what are you doing?!" Akihito yelped.

"I need to talk to you outside."

Once we were outside, he looked at me weirdly. 

"So... I need some love advice..." I admitted.

"You know you're asking the worst possible person. Right?"

"I know. Just, I don't know who else to ask."

Akihito came up to me, and slapped me in the face.

"HEY! What was that for!?" I slapped him back.

"To get you back into shape!" He slapped back.

"Well this is a stupid way to do so!!" I slapped him once more.

"Alright boys, stop fighting." Mitsuki said.

We both look over at her, surprised.

"How long were you there?"

"Only for the slapping part."
Phew.

"Class is about to start back up. Get your butts to your desks. Continue your fight after school." Mitsuki insisted.