til death do us apart

dreamnotfound

the dance floor emptied of ecstatic guests, the music from the speakers fading out. an orchestral piece began playing instead, as only two young men remained in the center of the open space. the taller of the two grabbed his partner's delicate hand, pulling him closer.

melodies from cellos and violins filled the otherwise quiet air. the brunet felt an arm wrap around his small frame, the simple touch making his cheeks flush a deep red. he peered up at the man whose hands laid upon him, his soulmate, the man he'd loved for years.

his blond, curly hair appeared golden in the magical light of the large, outdoor gazebo. it was almost glittering. a smile crept up onto his lips as their eyes met, lovestruck and infatuated. their bodies began to gradually sway back and forth, following the rhythm of the music.

their slow dance soon turned into a soft waltz, the crowd frozen in awe at the couple's skill. zak and darryl were taking photo after photo, wilbur and niki holding each other as they observed the scene from afar. in niki's hands she held a bouquet of fresh, vibrant flowers that she had caught earlier during the day, when it was thrown out over the mass of guests.

fundy and his friends kept together, mesmerized. beside them, tommy and tubbo were standing still for the first time that night. tubbo's white dress shirt was soaked in orange juice from tommy's earlier shenanigans. by a wooden pole at the entrance of the construction lurked techno. and even him, known for his cold, emotionless personality, had let a slight grin adorn his expression.

in front of the others stood the best man, nick, clad in a long, black suit and his favorite bow tie. tears streamed down his face, tears of joy, of pride, and pure, newfound elation. his hand covered his mouth as he watched his two best friends, so in love with one another, dance on their wedding day. the beauty of it all made his heart flutter, his fingers tremble.

despite the hundreds of people around them, the newlyweds saw nothing but each other. only they existed under the roof of the gazebo, in the flower garden, amidst the summer night's warm air. only they existed in the entire universe, the planets and all the stars revolving around them, for that day was their special one.

clay, as the blond was named, admired his gracious husband dreamily. his soft, velvet skin, as white as milk and as flawless as drawing paper. there was nothing in the world he'd rather touch. his beautiful chocolate eyes contrasted it so nicely. he loved nuzzling that silky, dark brown hair, now combed and washed for the big day. and those pretty pink lips, he could go on for ages about them, about what they made him feel.

soon, his last name would be legally changed to davidson. they would become clay and george davidson. he thought it sounded so right. like it was always meant to be that way.

the two had met in times of despair, and flourished together. their love for one another grew with each passing day. their souls intertwined, and created a wonderful tale. when george had been there by his side in the hospital, every day for hours, for a whole month straight, clay knew instanstly that he wanted to marry him. really, he knew even before that, but the long month certainly proved it.

a hand found its way to the back of his head, craning it down a little so their faces were mere inches apart. the taller's hot breath against george's own, sensitive lips, sent shivers down his spine. one last time the brunet smiled, before connecting their lips in the most breathtaking, passionate kiss of their entire lives.

the audience gasped and awed, snapping pictures of the ethereal scene. george's lips were as smooth as always. butterflies flapped in clay's stomach, just like the first time they ever kissed. no matter how many times they hug, cuddle, dance, kiss, or make out, it'll always feel as amazing as it did the first time. that spark will never die down, the flame will never be extinguished. for their love is eternal, just like they say,

"til death do us apart."