Prologue

If you could take only three things when you are stuck on an island, what would those three things be?

   A hatchet? Maybe.

   Fresh water? Yup.

   Your favorite food? Most definitely.

   But have you ever given much thought to what you would need out at sea?

   Well, I never thought I would, until I was. About two years ago, I was first in the Pacific Ocean. But that was only the first step in my journey.

   And trust me, it was freaking frightening at first, and yeah, it totally sucked having to be all alone in the middle of the ocean with no one to talk to but yourself and limited foo and no fresh water. 

   Plus, I was just a sun fried, shark baited, plain paranoid teenage girl who just graduated high school the day before. And then there's also the fact that I don't even like going on a walk without my IPod.

   Oh, hello there. I am Emily Jones, and I'm a starving artist.

   Literally.

   I'm an artist, a mastermind with art supplies, paints, wood working, metal welding, sword fighting; not fencing, and let's not forget the one skill that I am most known for.

   Problem solving using random items. And with my very mathematical brain, and creative ways of solving daily issues will be tested in my very near and unforeseen future.

   I will use my art skills, that everyone said was useless in the real world.

   Now, I'm going to learn what 'survival of the fittest'really means.

   I was put to the ultimate test, unwillingly, and by force.

   But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up exactly two years and a day before I was lost at sea.

   This is how my life was a day before my survival story begins.