Chapter Two: Words of Wisdom

A few hours later, nine o clock rolled in, and I made my way back to school, walking around the halls near the art room, looking at my art pieces on display behind glass.

   One was of an oil painting of a woman wearing an old Victorian, black laced dress with a black veil. It told a story if you really took the time to read the description. But even if you didn't, it told the story itself. The gravestone behind her was occupied by a raven. The woman was holding an old worn out violin with her head down at a lovely, yet depressing angle. The piece was titled, 'The Widow's Lament.'

  Another was of a colored pencil drawing of me in a self portrait. It was only of my face, shoulders, and a hint of my black and white blouse with grey lace in a V neck. My blonde hair was platinum on platinum. My eyes were bright yet pale blue. Natural make up with thick lashes framed them well. 

   There were many other art pieces that lined my area of the wall, but my personal favorite wasn't the one with black in splatter with a red rose in the bottom right corner, or the one with black and white stripes with a blue skull with an extremely colorful floral headpiece with a single purple jewel hanging down the center of the forehead.

   But the one that I adored the most was just a simple portrait of my boyfriend, Mitchel, in a black and white pencil drawing. The blending I did was amazing.

   I shaded and blended so well, it looks more like a photography class project, than a pencil drawing.

   "Hey, Emily. It's time to graduate'" said Mitchel that was standing right behind me.

   "Hey," I said in return.

   I got lost in his beautiful features. His too bright blue eyes were like mine, but more almond shaped, as mine were more baby doll rounds. His eyes reminded me of my favorite blue, almost like a cloudless sky.

   His natural orange hair was curly, yet buzz cut very nicely at the sides. His pale skin showed off his very little freckles. And his facial features were almost like a male model's

   His cheekbones were very prominent, as was his perfect lips.

   "Are you ready to leave this place?", he asked with a special glint in his flawless face.

   "Heck yeah," I said in return.

   He checked the hall and grabbed me around the waist and leaned in to kiss me.

   His lips were soft and warm. I just melted away  like butter in the sweet taste of him.

  I broke the kiss a few moments later. 

   "We will have plenty of time for that on the cruise. Let's graduate."

   With another peck on my lips, he said, "I love you Emily."

   That caught me off guard, but I knew I could not leave him hanging. So I said the truth," I love you too."

   He smiled and grabbed my hand to lead me to the stage where we stood in line waiting for out turn to get our diplomas. 

   And when it was my turn, I gave the crowd jazz hands and did what I did best.

   I gave the principal the Spock symbol and screamed to the people, not in the mic, "Live long and prosper!"

   As the crowd cheered, because they knew what a total nerd I was, the people who really knew me chanted, "Do it.Do it. Do it!"

   So I took off my heels and took off my graduation robe and cap, and did my famous dance move, which was the round off, back hand spring, back flip with a half twist, landing in a sassy pose.

   Taking a bow, the crowd cheered, whistled, and clapped their hands.

   The principal spoke into the microphone, "And that is one epic show stopper from Emily Jones!"

   He handed me the mic, and I gave the peace symbol and my last speech to my fellow classmates for the next two years.

   "I'm going to miss you all so freaking much. I'm going to miss gym class the most, other than art. And I would also like to thank my friends and teachers for being so understanding, letting me bring my art to life and my music out there to the city. One day, I hope it will make it to Broadway. I will also thank those who have stood up for what is right and for those who have gotten bullied, please do not fall into their ways. I hope that you all succeed in life, being whatever and whoever you are meant to be. If you don't think that you can pull it off, well, the universe will give you a little push of motivation at the right moment. You may think, ' why is this so hard?', but would you rather want to have the path that is easy and boring, uninspiring, or would you rather pick the path that is harder and longer, yet full of fun an d adventure? Do you want something handed to you on a silver platter, and feel no accomplishment? Or do you want to have the pride and satisfaction of working for something, succeeding, and earning, not just your goal, but respect? You choose your own path. You choose what makes you happy. And with that said, I will boldly go where no woman has gone before. Good luck Tigers of Amazon High!"

   I took my way off of the stage in a little dance and the crowd laughed and cheered. As I sat down on the next folding chair, a few hundred people later, graduation was over.

   I didn't stay long enough to enjoy the party and good buys, because Mitchel and I and my parents were waiting on me in the car already.

   I got in the car and we tailed it out of the parking lot, glad to leave school forever. And off to the rest of our lives.

   This was my last day of the concrete jungle.