Chapter Three: Packing Problems

Mitchel was pacing back and forth while I was trying to figure out what to pack.

   "You know we only have six hours, right?So I think you should take both bathing suits. You know, just to save time."

   I looked at the two bathing suits.

   One was a bikini with bows, lace, and ruffles trimming the edges. The top was mesh black lace with a bow in the center. Ruffles lined the top of the cups. The straps criss- crossed in the back.

   The bottoms were like a mini skort.  It had the same black laced mesh,and ruffled the outter part in layers.

  The second bathing suit was a one piece, but it was black with red roses. It was backless at a V and very low cut with high hip cut outs at the sides of the waist.

   It was classic, yet made me look more my age.

   Onto the next outfit.

   "Why don't I take a book, just in case I get bored, or scared,"I said out of the blue.

   Mitchel gave me a look, "I don't think 'bored' or 'scared'are the right words."

   He was absolutely right.

   "Petrified is the right word. Maybe I should take another book too. Or a series."

   "Oh, okay, now let's not bring your library for a bedroom on board. You might get water on them."

   "Okay, now I just need to pick out the right books. A big one and a small one," I said to myself, searching through my many, many shelves of books and saw the perfect ones.

   Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass wrapped up in the same book cover.

And The Lord of the Rings trilogy all printed in a huge book.

So there were literally five books total.

   I have never read the last two books of the trilogy or the second book to Alice. My goal was to distract myself from not dying of fear, by reading.

I put them in the suitcase and Mitchel's eyebrows went up a little, "That was the fastest I have ever seen you pick out something. Especially a book. Usually, at a real legal library, you pick up every book you liked."

   It was true. I'm a bookworm. But my true passion was figuring things out. Puzzles. Math strategies.  

   Basically, I'm a nerd with a supermodel body, and an innocent looking face.

   But behind all of the foundation, black winged eyeliner, and nude lipstick, nobody would see me as a teenager fresh out of high school.

   The reason I even wear make up that way is to make myself look my age, mature.

   If I didn't, people would just look at my big blue eyes, cute, slightly plump lips, and small frame. The only things that matured about me were my hips, backside, bust, and knowledge.

   I speak like I am years ahead of my time and I know a lot about the past.

   Not that I enjoyed history class, but I love learning new things.

   Old science and how it becomes able to use its imagination at the time and over time, people who thought of it as science fiction, were surprised when the people who took it seriously worked years to make it science fact, true as day.

   And true it was made.

   And now my imagination was taking me to places where I didn't even dare to think possible.