Chapter Fifteen: The Hunter is Now the Hunted:

I stare at the edge of the water, searching for any human life. Any would be good.

   Well, unless they were modern day pirates, then yeah, I'd rather be alone. But how likely is that?

   I mean, don't I want to be saved?

   The seagull seemed to be in a much better mood though, which is a plus. It no longer limped, which meant that the small lump in its foot didn't do any harm. And its wing seemed to be back to normal because it was flying around, searching in the ocean for food.

   I laughed out loud knowing that I have done a freaking good job at not knowing what the heck I was doing.

   I mean, who knew that I, a city dweller, would end up in the middle of the freaking ocean, who had drowned almost twice, and who has a fear of water.

   And boy was I in the abundance of it.

   Another song was building up in my head. And I kind of wished that there was an audience to hear this improv song, but I knew that it would not happen. 

   I was alone and I only had myself to talk to. I was the only voice that I would hear right now. And I had to keep sane somehow, so I sang the words out loud that popped into my head.

   "I cover my tracks,

   I can not contradict,

   That the one trait I lack,

  Is the one that'll give,

   Me a chance to survive,

   As my will to live in this nightmare,

   And I was just too afraid to dive,

 Into my absolutely, positively, water grave fear,

   And I'll stop at nothing,

   To make my life mean something,

 More than just the act of running,

   So I have to be more cunning,

   To survive in my living nightmare,

   Because if I am being punished,

   Please, universe, give me a sign to spare,

   Me from my mind being tarnished,

  Because I feel in my soul,

   My inner self, waiting to be whole,

   I'm done running, fighting, afraid to behold,

   What is to come next, in my next step, while my conscience unfolds,

   In a Lemony Snickets kind of unfortunate events,

   That will only get worse the longer I am alive,

   So I have to think of a plan, a life long one if fact to survive,

   Because I don't know what to do,

   I hate the cards that I have been dealt, and even then,

   I'm just a smart art prodigy who just has to prove,

Everyone wrong, and the man who pushed me overboard,

   Just know that the hunter had just become the hunted."

   So after the song was done, I decided to speak out my next words, "So watch out because here I come."

   The seagull came back with a fish in its beak. It was still alive and the fish popped out of its mouth and hit me in the face. I laughed after I had cracked a joke about it being a flying fish.

   The seagull just cocked its head and gave me the side eye.

   I said, "Hmm. Tough crowd."

   The seagull squawked at me as if to tell me to eat the fish.

   "Well, my little friend, I have to cook the fish first.:

   It seemed like the seagull rolled its eyes, but then I saw what it was really looking at. There was a whale tail sticking out of the water, and with a huge splash, ocean water rained on us. And the seagull did not look too happy. Or maybe that was just its expression.

   The seagull flew away from the boat, and sat in the water, and I knew what that meant.

   More fish.

   Now, I may not speak seagull, but I think that it was its way of thanking me for mending its wing and foot. 

And that is where I heard a voice, tiny, faint, but there. I lifted my head up and looked around me, searching for the source of this tiny voice.

   But there were no ships around.

   Was I going crazy for the very want to hear another person's voice, or was it just my inner voice.

   Was it telling me that I was either going to make it out alive, or die trying?

   Well, there was only one way to figure that theory out. I waited for the seagull to come back to the boat and when it did, the voice was louder than ever before. What the freak was going on?

   There was no way that the seagull could talk.

   Unless...

  I lowered my ear to the seagull's foot and then I noticed that it was ringing, almost like static.

   Huh. Weird.

   I almost touched my ear to its foot, and noticed something very strange about the way the static changed from high pitched to low pitched. Maybe it was my earrings doing it.

   And that it when something very important crossed my mind.

   If I was correct, this could be my way of finding people. Or people coming to find me.

   If I was correct, this could be a life saver.

   Literally.

   I hoped that I was correct, because if I was wrong about this, then I really will be having bird stew tonight. And I couldn't do that to my only friend out here.

   I mean, it does feed me fish.

  So in a way, I think that we make a pretty good team.

   But the seagull will not like me once I do surgery on it. Looking for something to use in the first aid kit, I found exactly what I needed.

   Numbing medicine. Check.

   Needle and thread. Check.

   Blade. Check.

   And alcohol pads. Big plus and check.

   When the seagull looked like it was about to fall asleep, I waited until it was.

   Then I rubbed some numbing medicine on the bump so that when I stick it with the needle numbing medicine,it won't wake up.

   Or bite my face off.

   As soon as it was numbed, I took that small angled blade, made a steady incision, and found what I was looking for. 

   I cut it out and knew exactly what it was. I'm happy about finally having a chance of people finding me, and worried that the seagull won't hurt in the morning. Or hate me when it wakes up, knowing that I must be the one that hurt it and caused it pain.

   But at least I got the tracking device out.