Chapter Four : Drive to Fly

We packed our belongings in the trunk of the car. The suitcases were packed to the bursting point.

   Or at least mine was. I had packed six summer dresses, five lace shirts,five pairs of shorts, three pairs of shoes, two swimsuits, and two books.

   Okay, technically five books.

   Plus, there were seven toothpaste tubes, two toothbrushes, orange mouthwash, floss for days, coconut scented deodorant, mango scented lotion, passion fruit perfume, and make up.

  I only had pink punch lip balm,bright red lip stick stain, tinted sunscreen foundation, navy blue mascara, liquid eyeliner, and gold and copper shimmer eye shadow.

   And that is just a little bit for me.

 And don't even get me started on the nail polish.

   Plum purple.

   Lilac.

   Sky blue.

  Blood red.

   Ink black.

   Mint green.

   Hot pink.

   And of course, let's not forget the clear coat, matte clear coat, and silver glitter.

   As if Mitchel read my mind,he leaned into me in the back seat. "Did, you forget anything?"

   "No, I'm pretty sure I've got everything . Including you."

   "Aw, well ain't that sweet,"my father said sourly from the driver's seat, "Boy,you better keep your hands above the equator."

 "Will do sir," Mitchel said with a smirk  on his lips and a twinkle in his eyes.

   He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on my cheek.

   "Hey, you two, what's going on back there?"

   "Keeping it north of the equator," Mitchel said.

   "Well, now I am going to have to ask you to leave earth and go to space. Which means keep your hands in your personal space and to yourself," my dad retorted.

   I didn't know why my dad didn't like Mitchel, but my mom saw the good in him.

   Mitchel never cheated on me, not because he knew better because he knew what would happen, but he didn't exactly pay attention to the other girls who flirted with him, no matter where we went.

   I am not exactly the kind of girl to make a scene, but come on, that's crazy. I am never the type to cause drama by other girls looking at my man.

But on the other hand, if one guy even tries to talk to me, the other guy is in for a wake up call.

And I am not going to argue with that.

   "What are you thinking about," Mitchel asked, wonder and curiosity in his grin.

   "Oh, just about how I'm not jealous and you are."

   "What ever do you mean?", he asked as if he just wanted me to say it.

   "Well, for starters, whenever girls flirt with you, you seem to be completely oblivious to it. And when you see another guy talk to me, and it sets you off, kind of like when you sit on a volcano project and then the pressure builds up, and BAM," I clapped my hands together softly, "All of that chocolate syrup goes everywhere and everyone is in the mess. You know, kind of like that. Only instead of a volcano project, it's your emotions. The sitting is you trying not to lose it. And the chocolate syrup is your emotions coming out as protectiveness. But I like it when you explode and make a mess for me."