Chapter 49 - Happy Birthday

Shawn

Shawn reached out and touched Rosaly's warm body next to him, and smiled. He was always the first to wake up, on account of his various commitments of the day, and also because he liked a good run before going to the recording studio, but that morning he decided to stay in bed a little longer, before having breakfast and going to work.

He looked at the sleeping woman on his side, and thought how good it was to wake up with her. He loved the scent of  apple in her hair, which always spread across his chest as they slept cuddled every night, and also the scent of her skin that at that moment seemed to be etched in his mind, for he could feel it throughout the day, wherever he was. If he could he would put it in a jar and collect it just for his own pleasure.

Rosaly was amazing in every way. She made him so happy that Shawn wondered whyhe had not found her before. He had spent so much time with frivolous girls while his girl was lost somewhere out there, suffering at the hands of a man who couldn't see how wonderful she was, and deserved to be loved with all his heart.

At this thought, Shawn clenched his fists unconsciously and locked his jaw. he didn't want to think about Caio, and most of the time he didn't, but there were moments that he couldn't avoid it.

Hate was a petty feeling and it wasn't worth wasting time and energy on something so negative, and it wasn't in Shawn's nature to hate someone, but that man awakened his worst side, and for the first time in his life he wanted to see someone behind his back

Shawn ran his hand through his hair, and then folded one of his arms behind the head that was cut out on the pillow. As Rosaly had fallen in love with someone so terrible, Shawn would never understand, only imagined that she had been deceived and betrayed in her purest feeling, and that it was nothing difficult for a man like that to delude the the heart of a girl who only wanted to be loved.

How could a person like Caio waste so much real feeling? Rosaly had so much to offer that Shawn sometimes got lost in the intensity of love that she made it a point to show for him every day, and being loved that way was incredibly sublime, especially for him who had never had that kind of feeling in his life before meeting Rosaly.

Anyone who looked at him might think that he lacked nothing in life, and that all he had to think about was getting exactly what he wanted without any effort, but they were wrong. Maybe he could buy any material property that passed through his head, but the love that Rosaly offered him could not be found in any corner, and he felt sorry for Caio Vieira for having lost a woman like that, at the same time that he felt grateful that fate had given him a chance to meet her.

Because of Rosaly's fear, Shawn had reinforced security. The terror that Rosaly felt was real, and even though Shawn told her not to worry, he could see the shadow of fear pass through her eyes every time they spoke on that subject, so he wanted her to feel as safe as possible, Although, he knew that uncertainty was the worst thing in the world, because it brought nightmares potentiated by the fertile imagination and seriously compromised by insecurity. His anxiety had taught him so, therefore, the key was to keep the mind sane so that the inner demons could be tamed, and if he could think clearly when the problems presented themselves.

He did not believe that Caio would be so easy to approach Rosaly now that there were so many people protecting her. Yeah, he wouldn't be such a fool for trying to hurt her while she was with Shawn. He wouldn't want the police after him until the end of the world, because that's what would happen if he tried anything against Rosaly and Shawn. But just in case, Shawn had hired more security, because you never knew what could go through Rosaly's crazy ex-fiancé's mind.

Shawn saw Rosaly stretch out on the bed, open her brown eyes and smile at him tenderly. She was beautiful even when she woke up with her long curly locks in a total mess. He took his hands to her face and asked her caressing his lower lip with his thumb:

- Good morning, how are you feeling this morning?

- I feel incredible. - She replied by stroking Shawn's breastplate.

- I also feel incredible, mainly by waking up with you by my side. - he said taking her hand to her lips and kissing her fondly.

- What have I done to deserve someone like you, Mr. Mendes? You are every girl's dream, you know? - she said wrapping his neck with her arms.

- You are the dream of any guy, especially mine. - Shawn kissed the tip of Rosaly's nose, and kept her face close to yours.

- Now you're overreacting. I don't have anything special. Rosaly said laughing.

- You're perfect for me, Rosaly, especially in every way.

- Do you really think that about me, Shawn? I mean, do you think I'm perfect for you? - She asked with a furrowed brow.

- I think you are the most amazing person in the world, and lucky for me, you are in love with me. - Shawn said biting her chin gently.

- Passionate, surrendered, completely at your feet. I love you so much that all this feeling does not fit in my heart. I'm sorry I was so foolish not to tell you this before. - Rosaly put her forehead to Shawn's and closed her eyes.

- You said. Not with words, but with gestures. Every time you look at me like now. Every time you smile with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen, and every time we make love, I feel how much you love me, and it's like I can reach out and touch the essence of your feelings into my fingers.