Chapter Fourteen: A gift

|Edric's Pov|

It's been about three days since Hunter decided to stay here. He's been wearing the same clothes, and I wanted to get him something of his own! So me, Emira, and Amity, will be going to the store. Hunter sleeps most of the time, so he won't notice we're gone. He's almost like a very very veryyyy grumpy cat. I decided I'd leave him a note just in case he woke up, even though he probably won't care.

                              • • •

Emira and I walked around the store we'd chosen, Amity stayed at front, because she had a run in with Luz. I didn't tell them I was shopping for Hunter and not myself, I knew they'd make gay comments. And I'm trying to avoid that. I'm not exactly sure what to get Hunter, not really sure what his style is. As I was thinking about what to get Hunter, something caught my eye. It was a red hoodie with yellow strings and sleeve cuffs. The actual sleeves where black and so was the hood. It oddly reminded me of Hunter, I grabbed it and examined it. Definitely looks like Hunter's size, considering he has the same size as me. I decided I'd get him the hoodie, some long sleeve and short sleeved shirts, and some jeans and sweat pants.

I went ahead and paid for them and put them in a bag. Then I went to find Emira. She was in the back of the store talking with someone, it looked to be Viney. Now's my chance for revenge. "Hey Em! Can you stop chit chatting with your girlfriend so we can go already!" I said, Emira immediately turned red and gave me a death glare. I could hear Viney giggle, she quickly kissed Emira's cheek before leaving. Emira walked passed me and to the front, me following behind her.

                                • • •

When we got back home I immediately rushed to my room. I walked in and saw that Hunter was still asleep, guess there's no real reason for me to be exited at the moment. I closed my door and sat down on the floor, guess I'll wait here until he wakes up. He has a habit of sleeping for long amount of times. Im surprised he has eye bags still, I thought they would of been gone by now. Starting to think he was just made with them. I decided to get up and sit on the bed, the floor really isn't the best place to sit. I grabbed the bag of clothes and set them on the floor next to the bed, I sat at the foot of the bed and waited. Wasn't much I could do but wait. I just hope Hunter wakes up soon, I wanna give them the clothes so they can change already. But I'm fine with waiting.

I crossed my legs and started looking through my scroll. I had nothing better to do anyway. Sure I could watch Hunter sleep, but that's creepy. So pinstagram it is. As I was busy looking at my scroll, I didn't notice Hunter had woken up. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, I looked over to him and smiled slightly. He's so pretty.. "You're finally awake." I said putting my scroll away, "kinda wish I wasn't, but okay.." Hunter muttered. "Well, stay awake for a bit will ya? I got a gift for you!" I said grabbing the bag. Hunter titled his head slightly, "Here." I said giving him the bag. Hunter looked at me confused and dumped the bag out. "Seriously-" I said taking the bag away from him. Flapjack suddenly came out of nowhere and flew into the bag, "yes seriously." Hunter said looking through the clothes. He eyes fixed themselves onto the red hoodie. He picked it up and help it close to him, he seemed to be smiling. I don't know why I started blushing, it was just nice seeing Hunter happy I guess. But their smile faded, "Thanks Ed.." I could hear him mutter. I smiled slightly, "No problem Blondie." I replied. Hunter smiled slightly again, "You look cute when you smile." I muttered. Which definitely caught him off gaurd, they turned slightly red and looked at me slightly shocked. I chuckled and got up, "I'll let you change." I said before walking out the door.

                              • • •

I sat outside blight manor, on the stairs with Amity and Emira. We were just talking when we heard something come outside, it was Hunter. He was wearing the hoodie and jeans I had gotten him, along with his boots. I started blushing slightly, titan he can pull any piece of clothing off. "Edric, you were buying them clothes?" Emira asked looking at me, "well yeah..." I muttered. Hunter walked down the steps and sat next to me. "You surprisingly look nice." Amity said to Hunter, "should I be offended or..." They muttered tilting their head slightly. "I don't think so Blondie." Emira said, "Hey! I'm the only one who gets to call him that." I said. This caused Hunter to laugh, which surprised all of us...

Word Count 888

A/N

Hunter is going to be living with the Blights for most of this book. And yes Alador and Odelia know, and they don't care surprisingly. Anyway... Next chapter might take a bit.