Chapter Twenty one: The new golden guard?

|Edric's Pov|

It's been a week since Hunter moved in with the owl lady, and I haven't been able to see him once! I miss him, a lot. But today me and Amity are going to go see him! Well she's going to see Luz, which I don't care about. I've been busy with, stuff, that I haven't been able to go and see Hunter. But luckily Mittens offered to bring me with her, and I immediately said yes.

"I didn't expect you to be so.. excited. And just because you get to see Hunter." Amity said while walking next to me. "He's in love, why else would he have agreed so quickly?" Emira said jumping into the conversation randomly. We were walking to the owl house form school, Emira randomly decided to tag along, so that's fun. "I am not. I just.. miss being around him is all!" I said, that was a horrible lie. Emira giggled, "Whatever you say." She said walking ahead of us. "Don't listen to her Ed. She's just teasing you." Amity said, "Yeah I know. But you gotta admit it gets annoying!" I said. Amity chuckled and rolled her eyes.

As we walked in the direction of The Owl House, we noticed some kid with fluffy blonde hair talking to a coven scout. They seemed familiar for some reason, but I've definitely never seen them before. The scout handed the kid a mask, an all to familiar one.  "I-is that what I think it is?.." I muttered pointing to the kid, "By that you mean a golden guard mask, then yes." Emira said sarcastically. "Shit- Belos made another one?" Amity said, Emira quickly slapping the back of her head for cussing.  

                                   • • •

We quickly made our way to the owl house. We had to tell Hunter what happened. When we made it close enough to the house, I saw Luz teaching Hunter how to use glyphs. I don't know what came over me, but I quickly ran over to Hunter and hugged him. Like I said, I missed them a lot. They seemed surprised at first, but they quickly hugged me back after a moment. I quickly pulled away blushing, "Sorry- I missed you a lot." I said. Hunter chuckled, "it's alright Ed. I missed you too." He said smiling. I quickly flushed red, Titan I love when he smiles. Amity and Luz were also hugging, expect there hug ended with a kiss. If only I could do that with Hunter, I've had a huge crush on him for like a month! May have forgotten to mention that.

Emira quickly cleared her throat, "Alright gus enough. We have something to deal with here." Emira said. "Haha, they're gay!" A squeaky voice form behind her said, did I forget to mention we kidnapped the new Golden gaurd? I definitely did, well- we kidnapped the new golden gaurd! "Who's that?" Luz asked tilting her head slightly, "im the new golden gaurd! And they kidnapped me!" The kid said walking out form behind Emira. Hunter's eyes widened, "That's my replacement?! Their a kid!" He exclaimed. The kid looked at Hunter confused, "replacement?..." They said tilting their head. "Eda!!!" Luz screamed running inside.

                                 • • • 

We were all inside the owl house with the kid tied up in front of us. This feels familiar. "Alright, so Belos made another Golden gaurd. And they're like what, twelve you said? That man has issues..." Eda said crossing her arms, "Belos didn't make me though?" The kid said confused. "Listen Kid, I was just like you once, we're not normal witches." Hunter said, his arms crossed. "What do you mean? I'm exactly like the other witch kids! I just can't use magic.." the kid said, muttering the last bit. "Neither can I kid. We can't use magic because we're not actual witches." Hunter explained. The kid looked confused. "We're grim walkers. Things created using palismen wood and other things, to look like somebody else. You seemed to have came out differently though." Hunter said explaining everything, the kid looked terrified.

"Hunter please stop. Kid doesn't need the trauma." Eda said, walking over and kneeling down next to the kid. "What's your name kid? I'm Eda, the owl lady. The other blonde is Hunter, technically your brother." Eda said in a soft voice, "Possum... That's my name." The kid said quietly, Eda smiled softly. "Alright Possum, I'm going to untie you. Don't run, Hooty will catch you before you're out the door." Eda said starting to untie Possum. Kinda a funny name for a kid, must have named themselves that. Eda finished uniteing Possum, they quickly stood up and took a deep breath. 

"You're not going to hurt me, right?" They asked shakily, "They never hurt me, so you're safe kid." Hunter said calmly. "But you have scars all over you, they must have hurt you for you to have gotten them! Belos even sai-" Possum was cut off by Hunter. "Belos is the only one who has ever hurt me. He gave me these scars, not them. He's a liar and am asshole." Hunter said very calmly. That's concerning. Possum only nodded in response.

"What are we going to do with them now?" Emira asked, "We let them go." Hunter said. Mostly everyone looked at him confused, "why would we do that?!" King asked throwing his claws into the air.

"Because they can help us form the inside. If they 'disappear' like I did, Belos will just make another. So we let them go back. They'll be the one on the inside." Hunter explained. Possum only nodded in agreement to this.

Word Count: 1002

A/N

Possum was actually created five years after Hunter, so yeah they're a kid. Eleven to be exact. They were created and sent to live with one of the old coven heads. When Hunter was said to be missing, Belos had Possum join the emperor's coven and made them the new golden gaurd. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter lol.