Chapter Twenty: A Hard Decision

|Hunter's Pov|

It's been a day or two since Eda 'adopted' me. I'm still deciding whether or not to stay with her, it's hard to choose honestly. On one hand, I would have a mother figure, siblings, and a loving family. But on the other, I could live with one of wealthiest family in Bones burrow, and still be able to see my best friend. It's a tough choice, not to mention how sad Edric would be if I left. I'm the only one who doesn't think he's a screw up, or so he tells me. If I leave he'll be alone most of the time, and I know how he feels about that. He hates being alone, more than he hates anything else. It's why he tries to be around people so much, and why people think he's so annoying. I don't know why he trusts me so much..

I sighed, what am I going to do? Flapjack lands on my shoulder, he tweets something that I can't understand. "You know I can't understand you all the time." I said, "right. Sorry!" Flapjack tweeted in response. It's starting to become easier to understand him. Wish I could understand him fully though, it would make things a lot easier. I picked Flapjack up off my shoulder and set him down next to me, he started tweeting something again. I could only make out a few words though, most of them were food related. I smiled slightly and gave Flapjack some seeds. I always carry some with me just in case. "Heya Blondie." I heard someone say form beside me, it was of course Edric.

"Oh, hey Ed." I said smiling to him, he flushed red for a second. Weird. He walked over and sat next to me. "Whatcha doing?" He asked tilting his head slightly, "Feeding Flapjack." I said. Edric hummed in response, and laid his head on my shoulder. He seemed pretty tired, after getting back from one of the Blight Industries sales, so I didn't mind. Flapjack finished eating his seeds and flew onto Edric's shoulder, he started tweeting something I couldn't understand. Edric sat up and listened him. Flapjack stopped tweeting after awhile and flew back to me, Edric looked at me and chuckled. "Hunter, you don't have to worry about me ya know. If you go and live with Eda and Luz I won't mind. I'll have Emira to keep me company." He said, my face turned red with embarrassment. "How did you know all that?!" I asked, Edric laughed, "Flapjack told me." he said. "Flapjack you jerk-" I muttered.

                                • • •

Edric's asleep now, and it's around three or four in the morning. I managed to sleep pretty long, but I woke up randomly and couldn't fall back asleep. So now I'm just sitting against a wall contemplating my life, yay. I'm still thinking about if I should stay here, or go with Eda. It's hard for me to choose.

I wouldn't be alone at the owl house like I am here. The Blight family usually goes out after Emira, Edric, and Amity get home. Which means I'm alone for a few hours. But if I was to stay at the owl house, I wouldn't be alone. I'd have Eda, King, and the bird tube. They don't leave the house often, and even if they did they bring everyone with them. Including the bird tube! So that means they'd bring me with them, unlike the Blights. Odelia hardly acknowledges me, and Aldaor doesn't know I exist. Which is normal. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad leaving.. Edric would have his siblings and bat to keep him company, and he'd still be able to visit me.. I signed and got up, I know what to do now.

|Luz's Pov|

I just got home from school, I was sitting on the couch studying, when there was a knock at the door. I could hear Hooty talking to whoever it was, I signed and got up. I'm not ganna let some poor soul sit and deal with that. What type of witch would I be? I walked to the door and opened it. Hunter and Edric had their ears covered, clearly annoyed by Hooty. When they saw me they sighed with relief, and uncovered their ears. Hunter took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm staying.."

Word Count: 746

A/N

Somebody said they couldn't wait for the next part of this book. So here it is.