One Shall Rise: Part 3

Karina's POV

We're watching the news about the weather. "More then 60 volcanoes are erupting world wide, and downtown Honolulu is under six inches of snow. Scientists continue to device theories connecting these unprecedented natural disasters. With the planetary alignment, which..." the connection cuts out.

"So who wants to play a game?" Nurse Darby asks us. I just wrap my arm around Raf. As we all say nothing.

"That tears it" Fowler states stomping towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?" Nurse Darby asks him. Hands on her hips.

"I can't just sit on my hands while the world spins out of control" Fowler states waving his arms around.

"And what is it exactly you intend to do?" Ratchet asks him.

"Anything, hook up with my boys at the Pentagon. Figure out a way to bury that monster for good" Fowler states.

"In the event Optimus can't?" Ratchet asks him.

"Don't you mean Optimus and Megatron?" Fowler asks him while leaning on the railing.

"No one here is thrilled by this arrangement, Agent Fowler. Myself included" Ratchet tells him. "But with Optimus and Megatron together again..." he starts to explain.

"Whoa, wait! Again?" Jack asks.

"Megatron was an autobot?" Raf asks.

"Optimus was a con?" Miko asks. We all look up at Ratchet expectantly.

"No, on either count. But there was a time back on Cybertron in the twilight hours of the golden age. When Optimus and Megatron weren't sworn enemies" Ratchet explains. "Do you recall when I mentioned that Optimus wasn't always a Prime?" he asks us. We nod our heads. "Well he wasn't always Optimus either" he states.

"What do you mean?" I ask him confused.

"He was once  clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records named Orion Pax" he states. "But as he learned more about Cybertron's past, he grew increasingly concerned about the present corruption in high places. And inequality among the masses. Orion became inspired by the words and ideas of a gladiator . One who had named himself after one of the thirteen original Primes, Megatronus" he explains.

"Megatronus vowed to challenge Cybertron's leadership, and demand all Cybertronians be treated as equals. This gladiator turned revolutionary, rapidly gathered a loyal following. Sound-wave chief among them" Ratchet explains. "Orion began to corresponding with Megatronus, who became to be something of a mentor to him. As Megatronus left the gladiatorial arena, for the political. He saw fit to shorten his name" he states.

"Before long, Megatron appeared before the high council. To propose his vision for a just society. And it was here he began to reveal his true colours. Proclaiming the need to overthrow the old guard with force, and arrogantly demanding to be named the next Prime" Ratchet explains. "But Orion did not believe in violence, as a means of achieving justice. The sparks and minds of the council were moved by Orion's words. Here, for the first time since Cybertron's golden age. Stood someone worthy of being a Prime" he tells us.

"But that honour could only truly be achieved by earning the legendary Matrix of Leadership. His ambitions thrawted, Megatron spitfully severed all ties with Orion and the council. And came to wage war on all who opposed him, through his growing army of followers. Which he names decepticons" he explains. "He vowed to claim the Matrix for himself wherever it might lie. In time warfare consumed Cybertron, poisoning the planet to it's core. Orion journeyed there, hoping to reverse the ill affects. And found himself before the very spark of our life giver, Primus himself" he states.

"The ailing Primus sensed the innate nobility within Orion. And bestowed the Matrix of Leadership upon him. It was thus that a surprised and humbled Orion Pax, came to be Optimus. The last of the Primes" Ratchet finishes the story.

"So, Optimus got the Matrix's from Cybertron's core? And now he's going to give it to Earth's?" Miko asks.

"What's to stop Megatron from just claiming the Matrix for himself, this time around?" Jack asks.

"Only his greater desire to save this planet. So that he in turn can conquer it" Ratchet answers. "As he so compelling argued, provided the Lord of Decepticons can ever fully be trusted" he states.

"What do you think he meant, when he said I wasn't human?" I ask him.

"I don't know Karina, but we will figure it out" he assures me. "For now we must focus on stopping Unicron from rising" he states. I nod my head in understanding.

(Time skip)

"Communications links are down, as expected" Ratchet states. "But we've lost their signal" he adds.

"Doesn't that mean..." Raf starts to ask.

"Usually, but more likely cause would be the severe interference caused by these electromagnetic anomalies" Ratchet tells him.

"So if we can't track them and they can't contact us" Raf says.

"How are we gonna know when they're ready for pick up?" Miko asks. We hear a clinging sound. We look around and spot Jack tapping something on the railing.

"Where did you get that?" Ratchet asks him.

"Optimus, Honestly I don't know why he gave me the key to the ground bridge power supply" Jack states.

"Jack, there is no key to the ground bridge" Ratchet tells him.

"Well then, what is this?" Jack asks holding up the chip.

"That is the key to Vector Sigma" Ratchet tells him as looking at it closely.

"The what?" Jack asks confused.

"Am I the only one who read up on Cybertronian history?" I ask.

"Yes" Miko says.

"You are holding one of Cybertrons most important relics" Ratchet tells Jack.

"I shouldn't have this" Jack says offering it to Ratchet.

"Optimus entrusted it to you, Jack" Ratchet tells him.

"But that doesn't make any sense. Why?" Jack asks.

"Because he doesn't plan on coming back" Ratchet states. Not long after that, there is a huge tremor. Ratchet shields us with his torso. As I shield Raf with my body, telling him to keep his head down.

It soon stops and Ratchet stands up. So do we. "There could be aftershocks" June tells us. The screens come back online.

"You ok Raf?" I ask him concerned and he nods his head.

"Do you think?" Jack asks Ratchet.

"I do" Ratchet says nodding his head. The life signals for Optimus, the team and Megatron appear back on screen. All online and we cheer. Agent Fowler hugging June. I giggle as he lets her go. Ratchet activates a ground bridge. But only Arcee, Bee and Bulkhead come through.

"Arcee!" Jack shouts as we run over to greet them.

"I was so worried Bulk" Miko tells him.

"You alright Bee?" Raf and I ask our guardian.

"And Optimus, is he..." Ratchet starts to ask.

"Dead? No" Arcee tells us.

"But he looked right a us, without recognizing us" Bulk states. "Didn't even know his own name" he adds.

"When Optimus surrendered the Matrix of Leadership, he lost more then the collective wisdom of the Primes. He lost his own memories" he states.

"Only of being Optimus, he should still remember being Orion. Which mean he thinks Megatron is his friend. He didn't know y three then" I state.

"Karina is correct" Ratchet states. "We'll get him back and retrieve his memories somehow" he assures us. "For now I think it best the humans go home, check on their families" he states. We all agree and are taken home.