Tiff's Diary, 11/1/21-12/31/21

11/1/21

Well, today was kind of shit. Day after Halloween, right? And last night was fine. Drew and I did a seance but nothing came of it. Anyway, kid went missing, right? And I go to say something to Betty about it because, like, DAMN! Missing kids out the wazoo! Not really, it's just one. Still, that's suspicious, right? But I went to go tell her about it but guess the fuck what? She skipped school to go make out with Drake by the trailer park or something. Weird, right? I didn't think they were together? But I guess sneaking out after someone pulls the fire alarm to go make out with someone is a good idea for someone who likes someone else. I just think it's insane that she didn't tell me. Are we... Are we not friends anymore?

That's whatever, though, right? Because she came back eventually and I wanted to go talk to her but didn't get the chance to. Everyone else is just kind of ignoring me. But it's whatever, right? Anyway, I got home and burned my fucking arm on it. The oven. Right? Yeah. I was making dinner for Drew and Auntie Esther and I burned my arm on the inside of the goddamn oven. Dropped half of the goddamn chicken strips on the floor, and I figured, hey, I'll just take these, even though they were on the linoleum. Took them out to the shed with me. It's just been surprisingly mediocre with some weird, bad parts.

But, hey, what's one more burn on my arm, right? God, I can't fucking... Going to sleep seems like a bad idea right now and I just can't... I don't want to dream about all of it again. You would think everything hat happened earlier this year wouldn't fuck me up all that much but, then, here we are... 

11/2/21

Tuesday, Tuesday, everybody loves a Tuesday. I love sleeping out in the shed, don't get me wrong. I love my shed room. I like having my own space. But it can get so cold out here. Like, damn, okay. And with the cold comes the bad sleep, and with the bad sleep comes the nightmares...

They're not even cool. Like, I would be fine with it if they were useful, but they're not. They just remind me of bad shit. I don't want to think about it. I don't. I don't. It's not even the cool shit, like when Kroakulus was strangling me or when that jackass Lewis died, but, you know-- no, no, it has to be fucking Ruth and Herman again. Shit, dude, those things didn't even happen.

I don't want to think about it, but maybe writing it down will get it out of my head or something for long enough that I can get started on something else, so:

dream (was a dream)

Mom was on the couch

and Dad was trapping me in the living room, and the two of them were speaking a language that doesn't exist

and I was just so trapped

and I tried to leave but I couldn't

and I left the house but I was right back in there, I was in the living room, and I was in my seat, but I was... I was Mom.

I was Mom.

I'm awake now. I'm headed in to have some breakfast. I'm going to do some research today, I think. If I know my teammates (and I do), we're not going to practice later. 

11/4/21

Everything kind of sucks ass right now. Another nightmare. Don't want to talk about it. Mom again. Decided to throw myself into something else. Jetson gun while I'm in the shed, werewolf research while I'm in the shop.

Working at the bookstore was the best decision I've ever made. A girl has to fund her haphazard inventions somehow.

Drake and Betty are absolutely together now. She hasn't showed up to practice recently. To be fair, she was also in the hospital. God, I love this town. Sucks that it hurt these people, but it is great that there's so much to research and understand.