Chronology And Guide

This is just a timeline of when things play out when I haven't provided a firm date, or how they otherwise slot into the bigger story.

Gold And Steel: July 30, 1997

Esther Gets Her Chosen On: late spring of 1999 or 2000

This Godless Endeavor #1: Tiff Learns To Drive (Barely): sometime in early 2020

Tiff Goes To The Library: Spring 2021, post-TDM

Zane Shade's Audio Files: Werewolf Spotting: early 2021

This Should Have Been An Incubus Reference: March 29, 2021 to early August 2021

Unanswered Texts: November 2nd, 2021 (happens mid-Shadow's Grudge)

It Doesn't Hurt: November 2021 (post-Shadow's Grudge)

Tiff's Diary, 11/1/21-12/31/21

The Insistence of Pine Needles: December 24th, 2021

Spinning Decay Journal Entries: January 22, 2022.

Denny Wants A Nap: immediately post-Spinning Decay (January 2022)

Tiff's Diary, 2/14/22

Tiff's Diary, 2/27?/22

Tiff Spills Her Beans All Over The Goddamn Kitchen (short story): mid-March 2022 

Tiff's Diary, 4/1/22

To Betty, From Tiff (August 2022): written before August 19, 2022, delivered August 19, 2022

This Godless Endeavor #3: Kansas: August 2022

This Godless Endeavor #2: A Little Truth-Telling: September 2nd, 2022

This Godless Endeavor #0: Not-Halloween: October 24th, 2022

To Betty, From Tiff (October 2022): takes place on or close to Halloween

This Godless Endeavor #4: The Hope Conspiracy: mid-This Godless Endeavor/April 2nd, 2022

Tiff Flashes a Fed: June 29, 2023

Characters referenced and written about here (currently and in the future) include:

Zane Shade, a Snoop who I played in Desolation Freeway: Red Christmas. He's a paranormal YouTuber who will do anything for $20, keeps an audio log, and almost died because of some werereindeer.

Tiff Sheridan, a backyard mad scientist who has been on the hunt for Bigfoot and the supernatural for the past two years. She's a mess of anger and energy, she has a ray gun, and her best friends are a half-Bigfoot girl living in the Fae Realm and a giant alien rat.

Stacey Blake (or Stacy Blake), a teenage werewolf who I played in the 1980s Wonder By The Water oneshot. She's a former cheerleader, a staunch feminist, and more than a little bitchy sometimes-- but we all love it when she rips out the back of some guy's knees with her human teeth, don't we? Sometime between Wonder By The Water and Glory Of Assquatch, she also became a zombie.

Duckie Pumpkin, a Searcher and fake clown who has forgotten her name (Adrianna Cain). She is on the hunt for the Mega Daddy Clown, which she believes is the source of all madness. Currently, she works for a rodeo and a clown-based monster hunting group. She's clumsy, useless, and lacking in hula hoops; she is also best friends with Bawls (formerly Caleb Galloway), who is another clown.

Esther Cain, Tiff's aunt and a Chosen who is actively shirking her duty and has been for the past twenty years and change. She works at the local strip club, she's from Florida, and she's trying her best.

Denny McFadden, a Monstrous werewolf janitor and assistant coach who dropped out of college for "unspecified" reasons. She's a litte dumb, she's very strong, she's bad at lying, and she has a habit of chasing things. She also gets overwhelmed very easily.

Kit Deseret (or Katherine Newton), an Action Scientist made for the Vulture Creek oneshot. She's a real hoot and a half, and kind of like a Wild West proto-Tiff. Her husband disappeared under mysterious circumstances several years before Vulture Creek, and she has found herself simultaneously hunting for aliens and a place to continue her dangerous scientific work. In the Blood Moon oneshot, she was bitten by a vampire; after this, she continued to survive and moved to Lake Wonder.

Dr. Ted Theodore, a recently-divorced Bigfoot and Expert who once kissed a monster on the mouth and misses his ex-wife very much.

Suzette Sweet, another Snoop who hosts a podcast called Sweet Nothings, where she dives deep into folklore and local politics and history. During the Glory Of Assquatch oneshot, she died and was revived by being bitten by Stacey. She is married to Sidney Theodore, Ted's oldest daughter.