Chapter 1

Oakley's Journal

Hi I'm 15 years old. My name is Oakley and I live with my mom and stepdad. Well my mom makes me call him my dad but he's not. I don't know where my real dad is but I've always wanted to know. But that is not the point. I hate my life here in this house. My stepdad does not like me and hits me all the time. My mom just let's it happen and I hate her for that. I've always wanted to go to the police and now I think it's time.

Oakley's POV

My mom and stepdad are not here so I got my bag and walked to district 21. That's the nearest police station so that's why. I walked up to the older lady that's behind the desk.

Oakley: Hello I uhh I need to tell you guys stuff but I'm scared I may get hurt.

Trudy: Okay hang on and lets go and get a really nice detective that can help.

Oakley: Okay thank you.

She went upstairs then came back with two people, one lady and one man. Right as I saw the man I thought he looked just like me.

Jay: Hello I'm detective Halstead but you can call me Jay and this is detective Upton but you can call her Hailey. What's your name?

Oakley: I'm Oakley and I need to tell you something about my stepdad but I'm scared he'll find out and hurt me.

Jay: Okay hang on come in here and we can talk about it.

So us three went into a room for some privacy.

Jay: I can tell you that your stepdad will not find out and if he's hurting you then you can trust us.

Oakley: Okay thank you. I'll just tell you from the start I guess.

Hailey: Hey take your time okay I know it can be hard sometimes.

Oakley: I live with my mom and stepdad, my stepdad because I don't know my real dad but I really wanna meet him. But my umm stepdad he uhh gets really mad at me then yells at me.

I needed to stop right there for a second. Jay and Hailey just let me and I really trust them, especially Jay. He seems really nice.

Oakley: When he yells at me he gets really mad. I just say something and he gets mad. But when he does yell he uhh usually hits me a lot sometimes and my mom just watch's.

At that point I have tears falling and just need a hug. I think Jay sensed that because he got up and hugged me. I felt so comfortable in his arms and I have zero clue why.

Jay: Hey it's okay we'll make sure your stepdad pays for what he is doing to you and your mom okay.

Oakley: Okay thank you so much.

Jay: No problem. Hey do you have a place to go because I don't want you there anymore getting hurt. I think we will probably arrest your stepdad and mom quickly so it won't be long.

Oakley: No I don't have any family and friends to be honest.

Jay: Okay well why don't you stay here with me until your dad is in lockup okay?

Oakley: Yeah thank you so much.

Jay: Hey anytime.

Jay and Hailey took me upstairs were Jay talked about the case. They left to go arrest my stepdad and mom while I stayed upstairs.

Jays POV

While driving to Oakley's house I thought about her for a while. She looked just like me she had my eyes and even the Halstead smile. I thought there is not way she's mine.

Hailey: Hey Jay what are you thinking about over there?

Jay: Nothing why?

Hailey: Jay don't lie to me.

Jay: Okay umm well Oakley just looked so much like me and even had that Halstead smile.

Hailey: Is that why you let her stay?

Jay: Yeah I guess.

Hailey: Hey if she is yours what are you going to do?

Jay: Obviously take her in.

Hailey nodded at me as we got there. We busted down the doors and there is where I see my ex. I get her handcuffed and ask where her husband is and she says she doesn't know.

Jay: So Laura your Oakley's mom?

Laura: Yeah and your her dad.