Chapter 9

Oakley's POV

I woke up and looked at my phone. It was only six and Mason's surgery was planned for eight. Mason was still asleep and I was glad because he probably is in pain. I carefully got out of the hospital bed carefully to not wake up Mason. When I did he started to move and opened his eyes.

Oakley: I'm sorry did I wake you up?

Mason: No I've been up trying to go back to sleep tho.

Oakley: I'm sorry. Did pain wake you up?

Mason: Yes.

My heart broke, I hate seeing him in so much pain. I went back in bed with him to try to comfort him but I could tell it was not working. He kept moving to get comfy but nothing was working. About two hours later Will came in with a doctor that I have never seen.

Will: Mason this is Dr. Adams and he will be doing your surgery and recovery stuff.

Dr. Adams: Nice to meet you Mason. Like Will said I will be doing your surgery. Don't worry I've
done many of these and very confident I can fix your leg. What's your pain level, one out of ten?

Mason: Probably like a six or seven.

Dr. Adams: Okay, well hate to say this but about a day after surgery it will probably hurt more. It's normal. Any questions before I take you back?

I new exactly what Mason was going to ask and of course he did.

Mason: Will I ever play baseball again? I don't care about track as much as baseball.

Dr. Adams: You will but it's going to be a lot of physical therapy.

Mason: Okay that's all I needed to know.

Dr. Adams looked at me.

Dr. Adams: I'm guessing your the girlfriend.

Oakley: Yes.

Dr. Adams: Say your goodbyes and then you'll see him in a few hours.

I went to Mason's hospital bed and kissed him. I started to get tears in my eyes.

Oakley: I love you. You better do good.

Mason: I love you too. Hey don't cry I'm going to see you in a few hours okay. Bye.

Oakley: Bye.

Dr. Adams took Mason to his surgery.

Will: Hey you know he's going to be okay.

Oakley: I know.

I sat in the waiting room and texted my dad. He said he'll be at the hospital in a hour. About two and a half hours later Dr. Adams came into the waiting room.

Dr. Adams: He did great, the repair was harder then it showed on the MRI. It was more damaged and sometimes the MRI doesn't show that. But he was up and asking for you.

We started walking to Mason's room.

Oakley: Will this cause him more pain?

Dr. Adams: Most likely.

I just nodded thinking about the pain Mason is going to be in. We walked into his room and saw him in a light sleep.

3rd Person

Oakley grabbed a chair to sit in then took Mason's hand. Mason started to move but then stopped because he was in some pain.

Oakley: Hey baby.

Mason: Mmm

Oakley: You in pain?

Mason: A little, how did it go?

Oakley: Dr. Adams said it was more damaged then the MRI showed so that means more pain because he had to repair more. But other then that he said it went great.

Mason: Of course more pain.

Oakley: Yeah I know but your strong. My dad is in the waiting room, do you mind if he comes in?

Mason: I don't care.

Oakley got her dad then came back into the room with him. Shortly after Dr. Adams came in.

Dr. Adam: How you doing Mason? Any pain?

Mason: I'm okay, mostly when I move my leg. When I'm not moving it hurts but not that bad.

Dr. Adams: That's normal pain will probably pick up while your sleeping or when you wake up. If the pain is bad take the pain meds that I'll get you when your discharged in a few hours. Other then that relax and I'll get you discharged in a little.

Mason: Thank you.

Dr. Adams walked out and all three of them waited a few hours till Mason could get discharged. Will walked in to discharge Mason and everyone thought it was weird.

Will: Dr. Adams got pulled into emergency surgery so I'm here to discharge you.

Jay: So thoughtful brother.

Will: I know. Mason ice your leg a lot. No pressure on it till your two week checkup with Dr. Adams. And he already told you about pain so here's your pain meds.

Will handed them to Jay.

Will: You guys are free to go I'll wheel you out Mason. And you better use your crutches when you get home.

Mason: Trust me I will this hurts like hell.

Will wheeled Mason out to Jay's truck. Oakley helped him get in and out once he got home. He was getting used to the crutches and pain.

Oakley: Couch or my bed?

Mason: Your guys couch is really big and comfy so ima say the couch.

Mason sat on the couch while Oakley got pillows to prop his leg up. While she was doing that Mason looked at her lovingly.

Oakley: Why you looking at me like that?

Mason: Because you look really cute taking care of me.

Oakley: What else would I be doing?

He just shrugged as Oakley kissed him.

Mason: I love you.

Oakley: I love you too.

Mason got comfy then Oakley laid right next to him. Oakley could tell Mason was tired and he was. She started to run her fingers through his hair to calm him and ease him to sleep.

Instagram

@Oakleyblake Had to repair more then the doctor expected but all in all he's okay

@Oakleyblake Had to repair more then the doctor expected but all in all he's okay. We are home and he's healing. @Masonblake
*Comments disabled*