❧ chapter iv: pardo

PARDO - adjective, the color between grey and brown.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Wilbur was not a kind man when he was angry. Everyone who knew him, knew this. They knew to stay away, and those who didn't, faced the consequences.

And, today, Wilbur was beyond furious. Hatred boiled his chest, threatening to escape and hurt others around him. Yes, Wilbur Soot was known to hurt others during his rage. He was simply unpredictable during his anger. It was one of his many flaws.

"Y/n," Wilbur would mutter under his breath, eyes downcast.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n..." he repeated.

Wilbur was not a foolish man. He could tell that Y/n did not want to marry anyone, not just yet, and especially against her own will. He could see it made her uncomfortable. He could see the pain hidden behind her broken eyes. He could see all of it.

Wilbur stared at his papers, eyes scanning them and what he had written. His grievances, they were his grievances, his long list of grievances against the king.

This explained another one of Wilbur's flaws that he was sure the gods had cursed him with: obsessiveness, in everything he did. Wilbur did not show it in public, however, he was well aware of it. It scared him at times.

Wilbur more than hated the king, to put it simply. He loathed him, and, as a result, Wilbur was planning a revolution against the man. It was quite extreme, but it was mild considering his deadly curse.

So, now, Wilbur considered how he would convince Y/n to join him. What could he promise her so that she would follow him?

Wilbur's thoughts came to a halt when he heard a soft knocking on his door. He quickly stuffed his papers into his drawers and shut it, standing up and opening the door.

"Tommy," he stated, staring at his younger brother.

Tommy was quite a young boy, only about sixteen, though Wilbur treated him as an adult. He was a soldier, after all, and had to act like one. Tommy appreciated this, even if he did not always behave very maturely.

"Wilbur, can I come in?" The blond boy asked. Wilbur nodded as he distanced himself from the doorway.

"Take a seat, take a seat," Wilbur ushered as he closed the door behind his brother, locking it for safety measures. He couldn't afford any slip-ups. Tommy took a seat on Wilbur's bed, and Wilbur sat on his chair in front of his desk.

Wilbur was guessing that, if Tommy here, it was hopefully to supply him with information that could help the rebellion.

"Fundy's gotten some info on where we can set up camp to start harvesting materials," the teen explained, "It's relatively small, but no troops occupy or surround it. The king doesn't have any eyes there. It'll be a huge advantage when it comes to marking territory. He practically has no idea it exists!"

Despite Tommy's enthusiasm, Wilbur does not offer him the same reaction. Instead, he just nods.

"And where is it?" Wilbur points to the map of the SMP on the wall, "Can you pinpoint it?"

Tommy visibly deflates and shakes his head, causing a frown to grow in Wilbur's face. As bad as Wilbur felt, he couldn't give his brother too much approval. Scarcity was key in having Tommy follow his orders.

This was one of Wilbur's obsessions: having control. He needed it at all times, or he'd go insane. If Wilbur Soot was not in control in every situation he found himself in, chaos ensued.

"Ah, I see," Wilbur sighed as he ran a hand through his mop of chocolate brown hair. "Do you have any other news?"

The teen racked his brain for any extra info, and his eyes lit up.

"Yes, actually. We've gotten a new recruit!"

"Who?"

"His name's Toby, but he says he goes by Tubbo. He actually has the same rank as me. Oh, and he's actually one of my friends now! He had brown hair and he also had these little horns on top of his head, and I was thinking that he might've been a—"

"Good. That's good." Wilbur completely cuts Tommy off. The boy offered Wilbur an awkward smile as he nodded.

"Thank you, Tommy. I'm going to suppose that's it?" The teen slowly nods as his eyes float to the ground.

Wilbur's lips tugged into a frown once more. He truly did feel sympathy for Tommy, even if he did not show it. He knew he wanted more approval, but the boy needed to understand that not all the adults in his life would offer him what he wanted.

Tommy was sunshine and bravery. He was innocent, clueless to the horrors the world truly held. Yes, he had experienced loss, but there were far worse things.

"Well, I, uh— I guess I'm going to take my leave, now," Tommy muttered, standing up as he walked towards the door.

"Wait, Tommy?"

The teen turned to Wilbur, a look of longing on his face.

"Have that boy— what was his name? Tubbo, did you say?— To meet me soon." Tommy's expression disappeared as he nodded and left the room, closing the door loudly behind him.

Wilbur leans back and stares at his bedroom ceiling, eyes contemplative.

Wilbur knew he needed to toughen Tommy up. He already had the poor kid around his finger, he simply needed to build him up, break him, and rebuild him. Yes, it would take time, but Wilbur could wait. Wilbur was a patient man. He would be able to do this.

It would only take time.

You are honey and you are sweetness,
my e/c eyed girl. Mine, mine, mine. One day, I shall make you mine.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

AUTHOR- 『 I thought it would be cool to do a chapter more based on Wilbur's perspective to kind of hint towards his manipulative personality. I thought it actually worked really well with his character. And thank you everyone for all the views and the votes! (101 views!!) Anyway, I hope you have a great day/night, goodbye!』
        ► siren, ♛