❧ chapter x: polagat

POLAGAT - noun, believing or feeling something to be true.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n had slipped out of the party relatively unnoticed. Some people shot her side glances but seemed too drunk to either understand, or to care. They'd just turn the other way and continue talking.

The girl hadn't expected the coronation to go on so long after the crowning, which was the only bit of the coronation that actually followed suit, but she couldn't stop it. On the plus side, no one would be walking the hallways to make sure there were no break ins, as the guards inside the palace were planted inside with Dream. Y/n could sneak into the library without getting spotted with ease, contrary to most nights.

Once the girl had reached the doors of the library, she opened them up, wincing as a loud creak followed her action.

"Wilbur?" Y/n then yelled in a quiet manner, careful as to not be so loud that the sound echoed along the walls.

Hearing no response, the girl walked forward, eyes narrowed as she tried to see anything in the dark environment of the library. She could make out a couple of bookshelves and chairs, but overall, it was quite hard to make out most objects.

"I'm over here!" A voice finally whisper-yelled back. Y/n nodded as if Wilbur could see her, turning to the direction of the voice. Her feet tapped against the library floors lightly, and she made sure to spread out her weight evenly as much as possible.

Though, while focusing on how much sound she'd made, she failed to pay attention not her surroundings and bumped into a warm material.

"Oh— um, I'm sorry," The girl sputtered, feeling her face flush as she backed up from who she could only guess was Wilbur. The male, in response, let out a throaty laugh.

"It's fine. " Wilbur grinned. It was more than fine. He enjoyed it thoroughly.

"So, you wanted to talk?" The girl asked, distancing herself from the boy before her.

"Yes. Sorry for making you leave the party so early. I hope you weren't having a good time before you left, respectfully."

"Somehow, adding 'respectfully' to the end of your sentence made you sound less respectful."

The both of them breathed a light chuckle.

"So, back to what I was saying," Wilbur started, his eyes boring into Y/n's. She couldn't see it very well, but she could feel it.