❧ chapter viii: selcouth

SELCOUTH - adjective, odd, unusual, or extraordinary in appearance, effect, manner, etc.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Your highness?!" A loud voice startles Y/n awake. It's frantic, nervous. She hears a loud knocking at her door.

"Um, come in," she mutters, just loud enough so that the person on the outside of the room can hear.

The door is swung open, causing Y/n to let out a loud groan an sit up. Her eyes are covered by a thin film, but in spite of the blurriness, she can make out the silhouette of a maid.

"Your highness— you must follow me, quickly!" The maid squeaks out quickly.
Y/n's brows lace together.

"What has happened?" She asks.

"His majesty has been found dead in his bedroom!"

Oh God.

The girl's eyes widened. Y/n jumped out of her bed and scampered towards the direction of her father's bedroom.

No. No. No!

Y/n's footsteps came to a halt when she reached her father's bedroom door. She frantically opened the doors, breaths quick and uneasy. Everything was spinning around her, but she could hardly pay attention to that as she stared at her father.

The sight before her made her stomach drop.

A pool of blood surrounded him, which had sunk into the bed causing the sheets to wreak of the crimson liquid.

Oh God, Oh God. Not again!

Y/n was quick to dash towards her father and try to shake him awake. He barely moved.

Deep breaths, Y/n reminded herself. She could not cry.

"Father— father? It's time to get up now." It was he first time that Y/n had called him father that year, and yet, his eyelids did not open. The girl forced on a grin, though it didn't quite reach her eyes.

He was fine, she'd tell herself, but he most certainly was not.

"Dad, I know you may be tired, but I need you to wake up." He didn't look alive. His skin was cold and his face was pale. Y/n took his bloodied hand and clasped it between her own.