❧ chapter v: aesthete

AESTHETE - adjective, someone with deep sensitivity to the beauty of art or nature.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

If there was any chance of Eret growing on Y/n in some way over the passing of the time, that chance had been demolished. And—trust her when she says it— she was a patient and understanding girl. She tries to act as saccharinely sweet as possible at all times.

Eret is quite the opposite.

He is impatient and cannot seem to put himself in the shoes of others. He is rude and snarky, and yet expects Y/n to like him despite it all.

For once in her life, Y/n was finding that her patience was running out. Was this the boy that she would be bound to by marriage? She truly hoped not, but it seemed as though her hope was running out, too.

As much as Y/n loved the garden, Eret had already ruined her time there. She preferred to remain silent in the garden and take care of the flowers in peace, but Eret could not fathom the concept of her full attention not being on him.

Him, him, him. It was all about him. 

Y/n now sat in her bedroom, alone (finally). She could simply not stand the boy with brown hair and dark shades. Could her father not have chosen anyone else?

The girl ran a hand through her h/c colored hair, letting out a soft sigh. She wished she could roam the halls of the castle, but she feared being spotted by Eret and being forced to spend more time with him. It was a dreadful yet realistic thought. She was being treated as if she were an object.

Y/n stared out of her bedroom window. It was already nighttime, and the sky was dusky and gloomy. It mirrored her mood.

The moon hung high in the sky, though it was slightly hard to spot. The female smiled.

She felt like the moon at times. The moon would always appear at night and would always fade away during the day. It didn't matter if it didn't want to. It would always shine as brightly as it could, lighting the way for weary travellers and curious children.

Yes, Y/n often found that she was like the moon. No matter what, she would always shine brightly for others however she could. It didn't matter if she didn't want to, it didn't matter if she couldn't shine for herself. There was the beauty of that word— always. Despite everything. No matter what.

A loud knocking was heard at the door abruptly. Y/n jumped in her spot, startled.

"Y/n?" It was her father. The girl's brows furrowed. He only came to her when they had something very important to discuss.

"Come in," the female spoke. The door opened. Her father's face was stern and angry. Y/n gulped, masking her nervousness with a cautious smile.

"Hello, your majesty," she spoke slowly. Her father's expression did not waver.

"Y/n," he spoke coldly, eyes narrowing upon the girl. "I've been talking to Eret, and I find that he has several... complaints."

'What a snitch. If he was going to complain so much you should have chosen someone else,' is what the girl wanted to retort, or something like that. She did not. She knew it would only further anger her father.

"He's payed good money for you. You know this, yes? I can't have you acting out of your place. You are to wed him and show him more respect." Y/n's father's voice was low, commanding.

"Yes, your majesty," the girl replied.

"He is a good young man. He'll make a fine king. He needs a strong queen at his side. You do not fit that role."

"I'm sorry. I'll do my best to try."

There was a short silence between the two.

Y/n then spoke up, "Though, may I make a request? I know it is not a great time to do so, though I do not know when would be a better time."

"Well then, make it."

"Is it possible for me and Eret have separate rooms until the wedding?" Y/n's voice was soft, pleading. She knew her father would occasionally cave when she'd do this. "Speaking of, when will the wedding occur?"

"A month's time from now," The girl's father sighed, "I suppose that would be okay, but you must give me your word that you will do what I asked of you."

"I will, I promise."

Y/n's father nodded curtly, before exiting the room.

The girl sighed as her eyes wandered back to her window. One month. She had a single month of freedom left. She felt her stomach knot up with unease.

One month before her bedroom was no longer her safe place. Her face scrunched up in disgust at the thought of sharing a bed with Eret.

Y/n gently wrapped her arms around herself as she bit her lip out of anxiety, letting out quick, panicked breaths. She could feel her entire world crumbling before her eyes. All of her reasons for remaining happy and joyful were slipping out of her grip.

She no longer saw Wilbur or Dream as often, as they were both high ranked in the army. Her father was growing more distant and was more than glad to sell his daughter for money. She had also distanced herself from all of her friends— even the close ones.

And, on top of that all, she was going to soon marry someone that she hated and lose her freedoms. For a couple of moments, she wished for comfort from one of her friends or her family. She wanted someone to hug her, to tell her that she'd be fine, even if they were lying. Instead, however, she'd have to hug herself and tell herself that she'd be okay.

Perhaps the silence didn't solace her as much as she thought it did.

During the day I may smile and shine as if I were the sun, but during the night I weep and cry as if I were the moon.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

AUTHOR- 『I hate this chapter but here it is. It's probably due for a rewrite at some point.』
► siren, ♛