5. Paradise city

I woke up even more confused than when I was born. I was in my pyjamas, in my bed, thank god I wasn't molested or anything. My head was throbbing and my hair was messy. I could feel the crusty, dried up saliva next to my mouth. I looked around and notice someone lay down on the floor. I recognized his pink hair, he was wearing the same thing as yesterday except without the jewellery.

He was on the floor, I noticed he took a single pillow from my bed and a thin bed sheet. I got up and shook him awake.

He looked up at me confused.
"Get up Ro, don't stay on the floor!"
He groaned and blinked his brain awake.
"Oh sorry I know I didn't ask to sleep over, I just wanted to be there if something happened to you" he said, with a tired smile on his face.

"Ohh It's ok... thanks for being there though" I said with a comforting smile on my face. He sat up, touching my forehead lightly.

"Are you feeling ok?" He said, worried. I laughed lightly and looked away. I sat on the floor next to him and he started playing in my hair a little.

"I should go shower now, I'm all gross and stuff" I said barely above a whisper. He pulled his hand away and grabbed his phone.

I walked out of the room with my clothes and my towel. I stood in the shower letting the water roll of my dry skin. Showers are nice.

I knelt down on the shower floor, tears mixing with the water coming out of the shower head.

Why am I crying?

Why am I crying?

Dom why are you crying?

I just think a hug would be nice.
I just wish someone (preferably Romi) would hold me.
I just want someone sweet and affectionate that can make me feel wanted.

Someone like Romi

I got out of the shower, drying myself with that ugly towel. I quickly brushed my teeth before putting on my clothes.
I walked out the bathroom, went into my room and sat down at my desk.

I noticed Romi lay in my bed, on his phone. He dropped it on his chest and smiled at me.

"Wanna go out for a walk?" He asked unprompted.
"Sure but I need to dry my hair first" I replied, he nodded and watched me as I made myself beautiful. I blowdried my short purple hair and put on my favourite jewellery.

"Is watching me get ready that fascinating?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah"

I blushed slightly and looked back at my small mirror. I quickly did my eyeliner (after a bit, you can do it in like 5 seconds) and grabbed my black zipper hoodie.

We walked out the front door, not really knowing where we were going. We walked and walked, kinda pointlessly, observing the houses and commenting on them.

"I would never have chosen that colour"
"That house was 100% made in the 70's"
"Oh my god that landscaping is amazinggg"

Anyways, we eventually reached the park and we sat down on the park bench. We sat in a comfortable and relaxing silence.
We could hear the birds, the soft wind going through the leaves, the chatter of squirrels.

"Hey Dom?"

"Yeah"

"Do you think we can hug?"

"Um yeah sure"

He turned and hugged me, I softly rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes for a moment and all I saw were feathers.

Light, white feathers.

Floating in the air gently.

I felt like one of them.

I felt like I was flying.

It was amazing.

This is what I've been yearning this entire time.

Someone who desires me and someone I desire.

Unless he doesn't like me that way
What if he wants to stay just friends
People hug their friends too, not just their lovers

No one likes you Dom

I felt a heaviness weighing on my heart. I tried to enjoy the moment, all these thoughts in less than 4 seconds.

We finally separated, he looked deep into my eyes.

"Dom?" He asked, I hummed in response.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" He chuckled with a slight hint of evil. I laughed and shook my head.
"No way" I said.

"Pleaseeeee" he said with puppy dog eyes.

"Ok but not for long, truth or dare is stupid"

"Ok ok.... Truth or dare?" He asked with a smile.
"Truth"
"Hmmmm...... ok, do you have a crush on anybody?" He asked, my heart started beating so fast.
"Ummmmm... yeah? I guess" I said.
"Really?!?? Who is it???" He asked.

"Can't tell you that's another truth" I added, he rolled his eyes (way too dramatically) and looked away.
"Truth or dare, dear Romi?"

"Dare, I'll do anything"

I looked around for any ideas of what to use as a dare. My eyes settled on a short, but sturdy tree.
"Go climb that tree right there" I said, I pointed towards the tree. Romi smirked and gave me this challenging look.

I watched him As he got into the tree. He looked ridiculous (in a good way).

He eventually sat back down on the bench.
"Ok Dom, your turn. Truth or dare?" He asked, without any hesitation I said

"Truth"

From then, everything was in slow motion as I realized what I had just done. Now he could ask who my crush is.

What do I say? Who do I say it is?

Then, he asked the question I despised the most.

"Who's your crush?"