8. For that one moment

The next day at school, everything was amazing. He was telling me how he was telling all his friends about us.

And my friends were so happy for me. My 2 best friends knew I've had a crush on him for the longest time.

I was ecstatic.

He was holding my hand, walking to our class.

What I've been dreaming of this whole the time.

And it just so happened that he asked me out the day before my mom's birthday!! Anyways, we were driving to my grandma's house to celebrate my dear mama. Talking about random stuff, about my sisters and my aunts and my family in general.

The party was amazing, we ate cake and my mom got some presents. We sang and danced and talked. The usual stuff.

My family has its issues, like everyone, but I really love them.

So me and my mom were at the dinner table, talking to my aunt when there was a silent moment.

"Hey mom, I have something to tell you" I started, "hold my hand this is serious"

"What is it, you're gay?" She joked, I chuckled.

"No worse"

"You're non binary? I know"

"Noooo I'm being serious

"Then what is if? What can it be?"

"Well, I'm in a relationship." I said, I looked down with a slight smile.

"What? With who?" She asked confused.

"Romi" I looked back up, she had sort of a proud smile

"Romi?? Be careful babe, you finally have friends at school, if things go wrong, you'll be alone again"

"MOM!!!!"

She's right though, that's exactly what happened

I wish she was stupid and ignorant, that she didn't know that's how it was gonna know

The worst part is I knew she was right.

Right from the beginning.

That Thursday, Romi came to my house. We did the usual stuff you know, going to the park, talking for hours, sitting in bed talking.

Everything was perfect.