What's Stopping Him?

You've had a big ass crush on Kurapika for months now. You never had the courage to confess to him because he seemed so fixed on getting the scarlet eyes back from the Troupe that you didn't want to bother him.

'He probably doesn't even like me.' you thought, and carried on trying to get your mind off of it. You couldn't.

'I wish he would confess to me or something. What's stopping him? I mean he has girls piling on him every single day. Who knows, he probably has someone already.' you thought sadly as you kept on working.

That night, Kurapika happened to see you and walked up to you while your were sitting on the edge of a (not very high) cliff. You looked troubled.

"Hey (Y/N)."
"Oh, hi."
"What're you doing out here alone so late at night? Are you alright?"
"I'm fine."

There was a slight pause before Kurapika responded.

"Hey.. listen, can we talk back at my room?"
"S-sure.." you shivered since the temperature was slowly dropping. He gave you his sweatshirt.
"Are you warm enough? Do you need something else?" he asked genuinely concerned.
"No no. This is good. Thank you." you said while trying to hide a blush.

'It smells like deep musk and roses..'

As you both walked together to his room, there were to conversations. Awkwardness was very much there. As soon as you two arrived, he let you in first before closing the door. Your rooms were also coincidentally right next to each other. He took you to his bedroom and you had a seat on his bed. He later sat next to you.

"Listen, I've been meaning to tell you this for a heck-of-a-long time now, and-"
"Wait, Kurapika.. I need to say something to you." your hands start to sweat profusely as you feel your heart beat at a million beats per minute.
"Oh? Go on, (Y/N)"
"I-I.. Listen, I like you. Like, really like you..."
"(Y/N)..."
"I know! I know.. You're probably with someone already. I mean I'm not surprised. I don't know what I expected, but I guess.. it's out there... I've liked you for a really long time, Kurapika. So long that it hurt to keep it in any longer.."
"..."
"I know. I got it. It's getting late. I better head back to my room. I'll see you tomorrow." you were about to tear up.

As you began to walk out, Kurapika grabbed your arm.

"(Y/N)! Hold on a minute." you stay as he continues, "I like you too."
"What? You're joking."
"Nah. I'm being serious. I don't have anyone either. These girls just keep pushing themselves onto me and I'm there having to push them off. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
"I was afraid that you would reject me. I was afraid that you didn't care for relationships. You know.. because of your objective.."
"Hey.." he pulls you closer, "Look at me. I like you. I have been liking you. You changed me, you know that?"
"What do you mean?"
"I would've ended up killing myself if it wasn't for you. All the shit that happened with my clan.. I was this close. You literally saved my life."
"Kurapika.."
"You're so pretty, you know that?"

He puts you in his lap and leans in slightly.

"(Y/N).. Can I kiss you?"

You nod and he leans in to kiss you.
He then went to passionately kissing you. His hand on your waist while his other was on your lower back making the two of you close the gap even more.

"Damn, you're so gorgeous."
"Mhmm- Kurapika-"
"Shh. Just relax for me, baby."
"Mhmm-" you whimper as you hear him call you that.
"Listen, I'm sorry I made you cry." he kisses you again.
"What? I-it's not your fault. I was just- I don't know. I was just scared that you were going to reject me.."
"Hmm?", he kissed you, "Don't cry, lover. I'm right here. I'll always be here."
"Kurapika..." you almost start crying again.
"Love! Hey! It's alright." he kisses your head, "I'll always be here for you."

"I love you." you say as Kurapika kisses you again.

'Shit, I love you.' Kurapika thinks as he's kissing you.

You two are getting ready for bed as Kurapika comes and hugs your waist.

"Kurapika.."
"Hmm?"
"Are we.."

He gets up and kisses you as he walks into the bedroom.

"Does that answer your question?"

As you walk into the bedroom, he takes your hand and helps you get tucked in. He then kisses you again. He noticed that you were blushing and kissed you more.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." He says as he kisses you again.