I Love You. (PART 2)

***TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, ALCOHOL, AND DRUGS***

After you and Kurapika worked together to help him with his addictions, he seemed to change a lot; physically and mentally. After his journey, he was able to stand taller than he ever could before. When he stood, you could see that his aura was different, though, the intimidation stayed the same.

He seemed much happier and calmer with the people around him. He never liked to admit it, since he thought it was embarrassing. You were the only one who knew.. Obviously..

-Present-

Kurapika has gone a long way. He's stayed away from all the drugs and drinks. You two have also refrained from talking about it unless it was important (for his sake as well).

"(Y/N), do you want to hang out later tonight?"
"Of course! Your place or mine?"
"I was thinking that we go have dinner at some place.."
"O-Oh? Yeah. I'm down..."
"I'll pick you up at 6?"
"Sounds good.."

You decided to wear a silk dress that was your favorite color. The dress went down to your knees. You also decided to wear your favorite heels as well. You felt really good in the outfit you wore, so you just decided to wait until Kurapika rang your doorbell.

After a few minutes, at exactly 6, Kurapika rang the bell and you answered.
He looked at you for a good couple of minutes...

"(Y/N).. you look absolutely stunning.."
"I- thank you.."
"Ready to go?"
"Mhm."
"May I?" Kurapika says as he holds out his arm for you.
"You may." you said as you took his arm.

He drove in his fancy black mustang as he took the two of you to a very lavish restaurant. "Lavish" was very much an understatement. The place was decorated as a vintage restaurant with red velvet as well as gold. You were, at the very least, shocked at how Kurapika took you here.

"Kurapika... This is too much! You didn't have to do this!" you said while looking out the window.
"(Y/N), I'll explain in a bit." he said as he parked and got out.

He opened the door for you and held out his hand, "Here we are, princess."

'Princess???' you thought as you blushed tremendously while holding his hand. He even opened the door for you as he said, "Ladies first." and winked at you.

'What's up with him today?' you wondered why he was doing all this for you; taking you to a fancy restaurant, opening the door for you, letting you in first, calling you "princess", and complimenting you.

"I have a reservation under the name 'Kurapika' at 6:30?"

While the two of you waited for your reservation to pop up on the screen, Kurapika was holding your hand. You thought about how nice his hands were, bringing you to shake your head in embarrassment, but you knew you were right. ;)

You two ended up at your table shortly after, and Kurapika pulled out your chair for you to take a seat.

"Order whatever you want, (Y/N)."
"No, I can't do that.."
"I insist. Order whatever you'd like. It's on me." he said smiling kindly.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, darling. Anything. I also don't recall the last time you ate today. As you know, I do care and worry for you. I want you to eat, alright?" he said smiling.

You hesitantly decided to order your (F/F) off the menu and a glass of your (F/D). Kurapika did the same. While you two ate, he decided to bring up why he brought you to this restaurant.

"(Y/N), you were asking why I brought you here. Well, you've helped me with my addiction for years. You were always with me when I needed it. You never left even after I told you about my drug and alcohol problems."
"Kurapika, I'd be a horrible fucking person if I left you in that state years ago.. I was just being a decent person."
"Thank you, (Y/N). Frankly, I don't even know what I'd do without your help. Without you."
"What are you saying?" you asked while turning completely red.
"I love you."

You two looked at each other for a good couple of minutes. It was pretty awkward. Very awkward.

"What did you say...?" you asked taken aback at what Kurapika had just said.
"I love you, (Y/N). I have for a while."
"Still?"
"I'm being completely serious!" he said as he chuckled lightly, making you blush slightly, "I've felt this way for a long time; longer than you think. I just never knew how to admit it to myself. I think you know that I don't major in love, so it was pretty difficult for me to say to myself." he laughed to himself, "I kind of doubted myself? You know what I mean? I still meant it when I said it months ago, and I mean it even more now."
"No, yeah. I- I definitely know what you mean." you said chuckling.

You two awkwardly looked at each other while smiling like idiots. The waiter had to keep coming back to ask if you two were alright, or if you two needed anything. After a bit, you decided to say something.

"Kurapika, I love you too." you said while blushing, "It took me a while to admit it too. I convinced myself to think that love was a waste of time. It made me believe it even more because I always got hurt from what I thought was 'love'. Then, I always told myself, 'oh, you don't like that person.' or, 'It's just a phase.' I realized, though, that liking or loving someone isn't a bad thing to do. So, I learned to be honest with myself and admit that I liked somebody when I did, and learned to not be ashamed of it." you then realized what and how much you said, and you immediately felt embarrassed. Kurapika sensed that.
"Love, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. I felt the same way."

You two continued talking, fought over the bill, laughed, smiled, and later you two were driving back home. Kurapika won on paying the bill (He did ask you out in the first place). As you got out of the car, Kurapika had something rather important do and tell you.

"(Y/N)?"
"Hm?"

He held both your hands. He gave you a bouquet of your favorite flowers and your favorite snack.

"How did you-"
"Don't worry about it." he said winking, "I just wanted to thank you for going out with me tonight... and practically saving my life."
"Kurapika, like I said, it's not that big of a deal!"

You two looked at each other. You two maintained a loving-type of eye contact for a good minute. You two slowly went closer to each other.

"Y/N.." Kurapika said while whispering, "Can I kiss you?"

You nodded fast and he slowly went to kiss you. You two ended up making out for five minutes at your front door. You two then awkwardly said your goodbyes and Kurapika headed for his car.

Before he left, he said, "(Y/N), I love you."

A/N: omg omg ok soooo like..... i may or may not have literally disappeared??? sorry abt that lol, but i got the urge to finish this part bc i had it halfway done already.... anyways im gonna try to post more before school starts 😔 not excited but hey lol