Backstabber

(#) = year number/grade (school)

You woke up one morning. It was 7:00 AM. It was time for you to get up and ready for school. Your first day of school. Your best friend, (F/N), was going to pick you up at 7:30 AM everyday because you two kept talking to each other about how you both needed to arrive at school together, eat together, talk together, and leave school together. You two have known each other since elementary school. You two said that you would stay friends forever. It was a promise.

You finally decided to get ready. You didn't wanna be late on your first day. As you finished getting ready, you checked your phone to see if (F/N) texted.

(F/N)🦋💜

(F/N)🦋💜:
hey bb omw

You:
k i'll see u in a bit
Read 7:08 AM

(F/N) pulled up to your place a few minutes after texting you. You got inside and proceeded to head to school.

"Shit.. this place is huge as fuck...." you say dreadfully, "How are we supposed to find our way around?"
"No clue, bro. I literally wanna leave already??"
"For real." you said glumly.

You ended up going your separate ways while on the way to class. You hugged before leaving each other for a few hours.

"You better not fall in love with someone on the first day!!" (F/N) yells as she runs to her class laughing.
"I won't! The guys here are all gross anyways!" you laughed while rolling your eyes.

You had math first. As you entered the class, you noticed that everyone was really loud besides a boy that was sitting near the window in the back. He had blonde hair, longer than the other boys', pale-ish skin, glasses, and when he went to stand up, he seemed around 5'7".

He was the only person, besides you, that was quiet in that very moment. He seemed to be working on some schoolwork. You caught yourself staring at him for a bit too long and hastily walked to your assigned desk... which was right next to his.

'He's pretty cute.' you thought, 'I wonder if he's well-known around here.'

The mysterious boy seemed to pause what he was doing and turned to look at you.

"Do you need something?"
'Shit.' you thought you were screwed, so you had to come up with a quick response, "O-oh no. Sorry. I'm new, so I don't really know how it works around here."
"Oh, you're good. I just kind of noticed you staring at me... so I was just kind of confused."
"Shoot, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything..."
"Like I said, you're totally fine. What's your name?"
"I- I'm (Y/N)."
"That's a pretty name. I'm Kurapika. What year are you?"
"I'm a (#) year."
"Oh? I'm just a year over."

You two smiled at each other. You both got so carried away that you didn't notice the teacher waiting for you two so she could start class. As soon as you booth realized, you both blushed and apologized.

During lunch, you sat with (F/N) and talked about everything that happened in the day so far.

"So... any guys you're interested in...?"
"Well..."
"C'mon.. spill??"
"Uh.. there's this one guy in my math class?"
"Wait, wait, wait... who??"
"His name's Kurapika."
"Wait... the blonde guy that everyone's talking about?"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
"You don't know? Everyone's been talking about him since we got here! He's apparently really popular."
"Oh.." you were a little bummed to hear that Kurapika was popular.