𝟎𝟑

     FINGERS HITTING THE KEYBOARD FILLED her ears as she typed rapidly

     FINGERS HITTING THE KEYBOARD FILLED her ears as she typed rapidly. Her eyes scanned over the words,making sure her words were accurate. A yawn escaped her brown lips causing her to cover her mouth.

Her attention was now on the bottom of the computer trying to see what time it was. She mentally groaned at the time-ready to go home already. She loved her job and being able to do what she loved but she could go without doing the work.

"I've got to stop staying up late." she muttered as she rose up from her chair. Her black flats hit the carpet floor as she ambled towards the table which had the coffee on top of it. Her hands grabbed at the container and filled it up with freshly brewed coffee.

She placed her lips on the cup,welcoming the coffee in her mouth. A sigh left her at the taste and the buzz. She drank the rest and disposed of the cup.

After disposing of the cup,she made her way back towards her desk. She sat down in the chair,cracking her knuckles. She sighed as she eyed the work. Her eyes closed briefly causing her to shake her head and clear her throat.

Her index finger moved along the scroller,her eyes scanning over the paperwork. Footsteps could be heard through her ears as she typed. They appeared to be getting closer causing her to take her eyes off the screen and look up.

She saw her boss making her clear her throat and sit up right. The forty-four year old caramel skin tone,bald man stood before her with a perplexed expression.

"Is there something wrong sir?" she inquired with concern. Kasia considered herself to be excellent at her job but she could admit she was her biggest critic-she always was.

"Ms. Parrish,I know we all have our bad days but this is unacceptable. I didn't hire you so you could spend time researching deaths." he affirmed.

"What? I wasn't researching deaths-" her words faded as she placed her attention on the computer screen. Her eyebrows furrowed and her lips gasped at the words,Death of Dimitri Porter.