Blasphemy

I didn't go home that night, I sat in his room across from him on the bed just staring at his sleeping form

He was a disaster and no matter how I tried to rationalize it in my mind; it all felt like my fault. Had I also started playing his sick game but against him after I answered that phone?

I didn't think I had but anger can trigger things you never thought you were capable of and that I did know.

He had passed out shortly after our kiss and it took me and Alex to drag his heavy body to the bed. He scared me, my chest still hurt from my heart thumping against it the next morning and as I messed with my hair in aggravation I continued to watch his form.

He began to stir in the bed and I held my breath silently praying he didn't wake up just yet. Not knowing who I would be facing when he woke up, terrified me and shook my soul. I didn't know what I was feeling, doing, or thinking at this point.

I was scared for him, yes, but why didn't I just send a guard to watch over him and go home? Why had I all of a sudden gone from feeling nothing for him to feeling an ache in my heart to not leave him?

Looking down at my chest I shivered to look at the bright red line he had left with his knife last night, his wolf was dangerous and unpredictable.

"What are you doing here?"
My head snapped up at his bed and I tried to swallow a lump forming in my throat.

"You don't remember anything?"

He looked at me with an arched brow and ran a hand over his face. His eyes were back to normal and I thanked the gods that he was in control of himself completely.

"Your wolf is an asshole, Ares."
This time his head shot up to look at me in mild horror and confusion. A small laugh escaped me as I stood up and stretched my sore body.

"What did I do?"
I sighed cracking my neck and walked over to his bed slowly taking a cautious seat in front of him. He looked weak as if he had not slept in days as he blinked at me over and over.

"Don't worry about what you did or didn't do. Why didn't you tell me?"
He scoffed rolling his eyes and I instantly reached out slapping his arm in aggravation.

"I'm serious Ares, you were just in my palace... Why didn't you tell me that you were having trouble with your wolf? I could ha—"

He stood up fast stopping my words in my throat when he turned and I saw the heat behind his eyes. He was angry and I wasn't sure why.

"You could have what Katerina? goddess or not you don't have the power to choose my mate- I don't even have the power to choose her... the only thing that will calm him is her and she does not want me— So what can you do?"

Motionless I peered up at his form and bite my lip. I wasn't sure honestly what I could do, I wasn't very intelligent about lycans or how they worked... I had slept threw our race history class honestly.