Amusement

With Ares's demon of a wolf locked away for the time being thanks to a bit of enchantment of my creation, I had snuck out of his home not noticed by the sleeping beast on the floor

I had learned a lot about myself in the last, well however long I was gone and I had also learned thanks to Vivian that I had rocked our world with a massive earthquake in my wake. My people were still rebuilding, some felt impressed while others had begun to fear my power.

I scoffed at the bows and gasped as I entered my home and went straight for a bath. I knew I would eventually have to make a statement to the people but decided to frankly push the thought out of my mind as I undressed and climbed into the bath water.

It was warm and I tried to relax my sore muscles but nothing was going to help them but time; as my mind raced. Ares... I would have to take him as a mate in this lifetime, bear children and the idea flipped my stomach painfully. Could I ever trust him again? I wanted to on a certain level but I didn't know if and how I could.

"My lady?" I weakly turned my head to the door where three soft knocks had been placed before my handmaiden's voice came through. Weak and delicate as a moonflower.

"What is it?" I tried to maintain a monotone voice to not startle her but I soon realized as she screamed and banging came against the door I was screwed.
"HEY! You can't — oomph!" I could do nothing but stare into the doorway at a very livid Ares as the door fell to the floor with a loud boom. He was almost panting his breathing was so fast and ragged, his eyebrows frowned, and his mouth a thin line of anger as sweat beaded off of him. To anyone else he would have been oddly satisfying to look at with his pale skin, muscles popping threw in all the right places, his shaggy brown hair a damp mess on his head but to me, as I sat in the tub bare, I was bored.

"What can I do for you, Knight? Has my enchantment worn off already?" I wouldn't be too surprised if it had, it was not meant to be a forever binding spell anyway but I was hoping it lasted longer than this. He was the breed of Onyx's first creations so I knew he was strong, now just how strong? I wasn't too sure of that yet.

"You..." I raised my eyebrow and bit my nails in boredom as I heard him speak before taking hard steps. "Left. You bloody returned then rendered me unconscious and LEFT." His voice was deep almost too deep but as I look up at those eyes that connected to the man that now was in front of my bathtub, I didn't see his wolf.

"I did... It was for the best." My bath was growing cold but my body was melting in heat as his eyes never left my boring ones. I was bored, god was I utterly bored. Everything seemed so bland and predictable in my eyes now, it was becoming montane.

"Are you out of your mind? Did he fuck with your head so much you don't know how to act anymore?!"
I sighed, knowing that was coming the moment he stepped foot threw that door. Raising out of my water I reached over and grabbed a black silk robe never once taking my eyes off the man in front of me. His eyes flickered a deep bright gold but came back to normal and I felt a sense of pride in my spell. He hadn't broken it so quickly and as I wrapped my arms around myself I felt my pride pool.

"He did no such thing, Ares would you please get the point of this visit?" Turning from him I placed my new jewelry along my neck and fingers. The silence was what I was greeted with as a huff left my lips and I turned to come face to face and body to body with him.

I glared up at him and tilted my head in question. "Just what do you think you're doing?" Strength was in my words yet still boredom laced, oh how I wished something unexpected would happen. His breath fanned my face as his nose and forehead came to lay on my own and strong arms caged either side of me against the sink.

"Ares- back up." I didn't know if I expected this anymore, I expected him to get in my face, yes but I didn't expect to gasp as warm full lips smashed onto my own. Did I enjoy it? Not very much, did I push him away? Not entirely.

My mind was a speeding train of memories and emotions that I didn't know how to contain. The small piece of my being that was still Katerina the shifter was banging against the cage with fierce force. My arms came up to his chest with the attention of pushing but when his hands latched onto my hips I take a breath in. I knew at the moment I was fucked.

My lips began moving with his, my hands fisting in his shirt and a low groan vibrated against my fist. I was air born before my robe bottom connected with the edge of the sink and he broke from my lips as he began leaving kisses along my jaw and neck. A tiny moan left my throat against my wishes and I felt his lips smirk against my skin.

"This, I came to do this." His voice was raspy and winded against my neck and I flinched as my hands pulled his hair. "What else is a future king supposed to do, love?"

My eyes shoot open and I was able to muster up enough strength to detach his body slightly from my own.

I sat there holding him back for what felt like years just trying to clear my mind. Was he to be the future king? Yes. Was I ready to fully accept it? Hell no.

"I'm not yours to toy with as you please Knight, you- are the future king but not until I say so and not by choice." I pushed him the rest of the way off me and bounced down to my feet before fixing my robe.
"Now I think you should leave."
A low growl caught my attention, looking up at him I grumped and cursed under my breath. He was fighting the wolf and I knew the enchantment was wearing thin.

"Knight- breath."
Her eyes flickered from normal to gold in fast flashes before they finally flickered and rested on glowing gold color. "Fuck."

It was a mumbled grunt before his hands gripped my arms and turned us slamming me into the bathroom wall. I felt it give beneath me and glared up at the wolf snarling at me with an evil grin.

"Oh my love, you finally admit submission?" My eyes rolled as his lips began to forcefully leave marks over my neck.
"Don't you wish?"
His head snapped up and with a touch of my palm to his cheek, I saw his eyes flickering down lower and lower as I continued to mumble the spell under my breath.

Before long his eyes fell closed and his body went limp colliding with the hard floor in front of me.

"Onyx, are you fully amused yet?"