06. Friends

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2. the weirdo on maple street ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

Eleven turns on the Walkie-Talkie and plays with the channels, Franny looks at the comic she was reading, she was going to give it to Eleven as a welcome gift, and she liked the comic very much. It was a Susan Storm comic. Franny loved it.

Mike and the others come down with a tray of food for Eleven.

"El?" Mike says. Eleven looks up at him with the food.

Mike sets the tray down in front of her.

"No adults. Just us and some meatloaf." Mike says as he sets the tray down. She glances uneasily at Lucas and Dustin.

Franny smiles to herself flipping the page of the comic. "That was some good meatloaf," Franny whispers to herself. She continued to read the comic.

"Don't worry. They won't tell anyone about you." Mike tells El. "They all promise. Right?" Mike looks at them waiting for a response. Franny instantly says a yes. "We never would've upset you if we knew you had superpowers," Dustin says smiling. Mike hits him in the leg.

"What Dustin is trying to say is that they were just scared... earlier." Franny looks up and furrows her eyebrows. "No, they weren't. They were just being dumb, like always." Franny replies.

Lucas looks at her, she gives a smile and a chuckle and reads the rest of her comic. He turns back to look at El.

"We just wanted to find our friend," Lucas said, looking at Eleven sadly.

"Friend"?" Eleven says confused. "Yeah, friend. Will?" Lucas replies.

"What is "friend"?" Eleven asks. "Is she serious?" Lucas asked Dustin. Dustin shrugs his shoulders. Franny gets up and walks to where Lucas and Dustin were standing. "Uh... A friend is—" Lucas started but was cut off by Franny,

"It's like us El. Friends. They stick together like us." Franny says smiling. Eleven smiles and nods.  "Friends."

"You also lend them your cool stuff, like comic books and trading cards," Dustin said.

Franny walked over to where she was sitting and grabs her comic. She gives it to Eleven. "Here. This is what friends do. They give each other stuff." Franny hands her the book and sits next to her. Eleven grabs the book slowly and opens the book in her hands.

"This is now yours. It's a welcome to the party gift." Franny smiles and she hugs El.

"They also never break a promise," Mike tells Eleven. "Especially when they spit," Lucas added on.

"Spit?" Eleven asks.

"Yeah. A spit swear means..." Lucas spitted in his hand, "you never break your word." He shakes Dustin's hand.

"That's super important, because of friends..." Mike started, looking at El like he was in love. "They tell each other things. Things that parents don't know."

Eleven stares down thoughtfully before she shifts her eyes to Mike.

𓆩♡𓆪

Eleven walks up to the D&D game board and pieces. She slides into a chair.

"What's she doing?" Franny asks Lucas. He shrugs.

They walk over to the table. She places her fingertips on the board. Eleven shuts her eyes and tilts her head down.

"El?" Mike asks her. Elevens head bops back as she opens her eyes.

Elven reaches for the wizard miniature and picks it up.

"Will the Wise," Franny whispers to herself.

Eleven holds the wizard in front of her face. Her eyes focused on the small figure.

"Will," Eleven said as her eyes were fixed on the figure. Dustin's eyes widened, "Superpowers." He says, in complete shock. "Yep. Goddamn superpowers." Franny says, smiling. Lucas shakes his head at the two.

Mike sits down in the chair beside Eleven.

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" He asks the girl. "Do you know where he is?" Mike finishes.

Eleven glances at Mike before moving all the miniature pieces to the floor. She flips the board over on the black empty side. Eleven places the wizard in the center.

"I don't understand." Mike and Franny ask at the same time.

"Hiding." Eleven replies. "Will is hiding?" Mike questioned. The rest watch with interest and Eleven nods.

"From the bad men El?" Franny asks her, sitting in the chair across from Mike and beside Eleven. She shakes her head. Eleven grabs the tentacle two-headed miniature and sets it in front of the wizard. Mike sits back in his chair as Franny sends a worried look toward Lucas. Dustin anxiously puts his hands on the back of his head.

📝 — AUTHORS NOTE ... !
sorry for this short chapter!
there were only 15 minutes left of the episode 😭.