chapter 13

I got outside and waited. I slid down and sat down against the building. People coming out of the arena could see me, but they didn't say anything and walked. I knew everyone was looking for me, including my family. My head was on my legs while my arms wrapped around my legs. I was bawling but tired to keep quiet. I was so mad, upset, and tired of everything.

After 20 mins of sitting there, I heard the doors open and sighed with relief. It was my mom.

"Bella?" she says nervously about how I will react.

I just sat there still crying. 

"Oh honey," she sat down next to me and put her arm around me. Her free hand was stroking my hair. I started crying even harder.

" I am so sick and tired of being treated like shit, mom. Everyone hates me. I thought coach m understood me cause I told him everything, and he comforted me, and now he is just like everyone else. I didn't even do anything." I say, taking a breath 

We could have won if everyone got their heads out of their asses. They can still hate me, but they should think about the whole team, not just me, cause not passing the puck causes us to lose. I am afraid we won't make it to finals and even win the next games." I said, letting all my feelings and emotions out.

She kissed me and said, "I know, honey. Let's say your brothers and dad have words with coach, especially Quinn." 

I nodded my head. We sat there for another 10 minutes before the doors opened again. I calmed down a little bit but still had tears coming from my eyes. This time it was my brothers and dad. Mom and I were still seated on the floor. Mom stood up. But I just sat there. 

"Hey mom, why don't you and dad go start the car," luke said. She nodded her head and grabbed my hockey bag for me.

I was still in the same position as I was in before mom had found me. I felt my brothers crouch down beside me. Luke in front of me and jack and Quinn on either side of me. 

"let's stand up, okay, bells?" jack said softly. I nodded my head, and they helped me stand up. I looked up and met their eyes and broke down again. I hate crying so much, but I can't help it. They didn't say one word. All they did was pull me into a group hug. We sat there for a minute or two.

That's until we heard the door open, and it was Kayla and bailey. I didn't see them cause of the hug, but I could tell by their voices. I tightened my grip on my brother. I was mainly hugging luke cause he was in front of me. Jack and Quinn let go when they heard their voices.

" Well, would you look at that? The princess is crying again." I heard Kayla say. My throat was dry, and my hands started to shake. I realized from the hug and whipped my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself.

"I guess little miss perfect doesn't know when to stop crying, doesn't she?" bailey added. That hurt more than ever coming from her.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that," Quinn said.

"Guys, don't," I mumbled, but they didn't listen to me.

"you guys don't see how your words affect people. She has been nothing but kind to either of you. Do you realize the pain that you guys bring to her? She is/or was thinking about quitting this team and hockey in the general cause of the way you and the rest of the team treat her." Jack added.

The two girls were shocked.

"You guys think she gets handed everything. You should see we were raised. If you want something, you got to work for it. She worked so hard to get on this team. She practiced every day. I don't know if yall realize she is 5 minutes early to get on the ice and stays for an hour so she can practice. YOu guys are making her hate hockey. She dreads coming to practice e and games. The media suspect that something is wrong, and people believe what you say and are giving her hate for it. Yall need to grow up for real..." jack said. I was watching everything unfold.