chapter 18

Last chapter:

Right now, the score is 1-1, and we have 30 seconds to score, or we have to go overtime. The face-off was in Team Canada's zone due to them icing the puck. I won possession, skated back a little towards the blue like, and passed it to Kayla. Which is also near the blue on the other side of the rink ( like the same zone, but Bella is on the penalty box side and Kayla's bench side of the rink) 15 seconds left. I skated towards the net and slapped down my stick to call for the puck. She passed it to me. Five seconds left. Everyone in the arena was standing up on the edge of their seats. I tipped the puck up, and everyone just watched the time run out, and right when it hits1 one second left, the puck deflected into the back of the net.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pt. 2 ( pretend it's like the Stanley Cup celebration when someone wins)

Oh my god. We just won the world juniors championship. Everyone on my team rushed off the bench, and my linemates tackled me into a big group hug. I heard many " thank you's" and " sorry for everything." I can't believe We just won. I won the world juniors with a buzzer-beater. Tears started in my eyes. After the big group hugs, we a one up to shake hands with team Canada.

I led the line, complimented, and tried to cheer them up. Getting where we are is difficult. I told them they shouldn't give up because they could have likely beaten us in overtime.

After the handshake, we all got our hats and t-shirts like the Standley Cup but for world juniors. Before the family could come on the ice, we took a pic with the trophy, and we all got interviewed by reporters. I was crying happy tears. I can't believe that this is real. It feels like a dream.

Interviewer

Bella

() thoughts and actions

Hey, Bella, congrats on the win tonight! We noticed you had a full suite of family and close friends. How does it feel to have them here?

It feelings amazing (I still have tears coming from my eyes). My family had always been there for me. Having my Toronto boys here ( you giggle, and so does the interviewer) and the thachuks here just gave me a little more motivation to win. I didn't know the thackuks would be here; it was a pleasant surprise. Without those in the suite, I couldn't have made it through this season. Having my brothers here meant so much to me; this might be the last time they will see me play for a while. I did it for them.

During the first period, yall weren't getting much possession of the puck, and it was 0-0. What was said in the locker room turned it the other way around for yall? What did you, as a caption, do?

Well, when we first got in there. Everyone was sitting in their thoughts, and no one was talking. It wasn't a good environment. Sorry for saying this, but all we did when the coach and other staff came in was getting yelled at for everything we did wrong. Which made our thoughts twice as bad. I'm pretty sure everyone, including me, thought we weren't going to win. Nothing was being said about how to fix those problems. We had five minutes until we needed to back on the ice. I stood up from my stall and helped the team out. I made some suggestions and motivation to lighten up the mood, and everything goes fixed. 

( I felt someone skate and put the arm around my neck and grabbed the mic with the other hand, and said, " We couldn't have done this without her speech in the locker room, and I am going to be the one to say it, so she doesn't get hate for it, but coach m did nothing to help us this game. We just got yelled at; she stepped up and took the coach's roll.)