chapter 23

It was now the end of July and it was time to start moving into dorm rooms. Luke was living in his hockey sophomore house meanwhile I had to stay in the athletic dorm building since I was a freshman.

You know it's so annoying when freshmen have to stay in dorms instead of living in an apartment or even a small town home on campus. But to be fair, I did want to have the chance to experience the dorm life everyone talks about.

 We arrived on campus in all three of our cars plus a small Uhaul we decided on splitting up. Mom and I will set up my dorm room and Luke and Dad will do his. 

My car had all my stuff and some of the bigger things were in the Uhaul attached to dad truck. I got all checked in and grabbed a cart and brought it to the car so we bring the stuff up to my room. 

I believe my roommate is also on the hockey team which I nice. I unlock the door and opened it. It was a decent size. It was like a normal dorm but was bigger. and we had our private bathroom instead of using the communal bathrooms.

Mom took the cart back down to my car to grab more stuff while I started to get organized. After 4 more trips down to the car, we finally got mostly every but the mini fridge, small tv with its stand, and a small dresser which were in the Uhaul. 

We first made my bed, which I decided to loft to save room, and then Mom worked on the bathroom while I organized my clothes. After an hour and a half we were almost done so we called my dad on seeing what their progress was. 

He left Luke to organize his room while he quickly came by to help us move the stuff out of the Uhaul. We tucked the dresser and mini fridge under my bed and we put the tv on the wall in front of our beds so were could both use it.

 There was just a little stuff to do now that I could do on my own. We drove both cars to Luke's place to pick him up so we could go out to lunch before our parents leave.

"Bella, how does it feel to be in college now?" Mom says while I am in mid-bite of my burger. The boys let out a small laugh.

I finish chewing and say, "It hasn't hit me yet that I am not living at home anymore but it feels fine right now I guess."

Luke is beside me and puts an arm around my shoulder and says," Don't worry ma I got her." I smile and lean into his arm while grabbing my dr pepper and taking a sip. We got done eating meaning it was time for Mom and Dad to leave. 

We drop Luke off first they do their goodbyes and I just told him ill text him later. We got to the front of my building. When we all got out of the car me and mom made eye contact and the waterworks start.

Tears build up in my eyes as she walks to me with her arms open."sweet girl you will be fine I promise. We are only 30 minutes away. Plus Luke is here with you," she says playing with my hair as I hug her. 

After a minute or so we separate. Dad just scoops me into his arms." I am so proud of you honey," he says which makes me cry harder and hold onto him tighter. We let go and I just look at the two of them and pull them into a group hug.

"I love you guys," I say and they respond with I love you too. I wipe my tears off my face as they got in their car. I blow a kiss while they pull away from the curb and drive off. I stood there for a second taking a deep breath before walking in.

I got off the elevator and walk down the hallway and see my roommate and her parents moving her stuff in. I wipe my face one more time making sure they couldn't tell I was crying. Before entering the dorm I knock on the wall outside so they knew I was there.

They see me and a girl with brown hair and a Michigan hockey t-shirt comes up to me and says," You must be Bella. It's so nice to meet you my name is Stella!"