4 - First Catch!

No one's POV

We see May and Ashley heading towards the first area, and the two talk about Pokémon back in their old lives. Well, mostly just May telling Ashley about Gen 8 and the stuff that came after it.

Ashley: You're kidding!

May: I kid you not! Gen 8 got 2 waves of DLC 8 months after then main game's release, which was known as the Isle of Armor and the 2nd wave of DLC being the Crown Tundra, which came out 5 months after the first wave. The Crown Tundra had both new and old Pokémon, with the legendary birds of Kanto having different looks, the beast Pokémon from Sun and Moon, and two new Regies; Regieleki and Regidrago.

Ashley: Interesting... Did any other Pokémon games get released before you learned about Gen 9?

May: *nods head* There was Pokémon Legends Arceus, which was an open world game, but they did manage to keep the main mechanics of Pokémon in it. Then there's also the fun fact that you could catch Pokémon without having to battle them whatsoever.

Ashley: ...You're joking...

May: I joke you not. I caught a Lucario and didn't even enter a battle animation!

Ashley: Wow... That's a big change...

May: You think that's a big change? There weren't many main Pokémon battles, like the normal games, but the final boss was INCREDIBLY hard!!! You'd have to be blessed by Arceus himself to obtain victory on your first try if you didn't know the pattern!

Ashley: Based on what I've heard about Leon from you, it couldn't be that hard.

May: *very fast* He had Five Mons from Platinum Cynthia's team, then you have to battle Giratina in his Altered Form without healing afterwards, and then you had to defeat Giratina again, but this time he's in his Origin form, you don't heal afterwards again, and he gains an aura, thus taking less damage from supper effective moves and critical hits!!!

Ashley: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnnd, I retract my previous statement.

May: Had a feeling you'd say that. Oh, and speaking of Cynthia, they did remake Gen 4, with the games being Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, which came out out on November 19th, 2021.

Ashley: Wow, really? How hard is Cynthia now?

May: Really hard. Each of her Pokémon have a held item, they're specially EV trained, and she has a few full restores.

Ashley: Holy crap.

May: Holy crap indeed. If Cynthia gave you trouble in the originals, you would've had a lot more trouble during the remake if you didn't grind enough. By the way... I have question, since you've probably been a trainer longer than me. How do I know what moves Torchic has and can use?

Ashley: Just check your Pokedex.

May: Thanks!

May then opens up her Pokedex and starts looking at it's moves.

May: So right now, Torchic has Growl, Scratch, Focus Energy, and Ember. Guess it has level 10 moves, just like the Mudkip I used.

As the two walk and talk about their past lives, they stop as they see an Azuril.