CHAPTER 2: TEASING AGAIN

"Neola, please forgive grandma... You will be grandma's next heir," said an old woman with a wrinkled face to one little girl.

"Ehh? Why me, grandma? I don't want to!" Neola replied with a frown.

Her age at this time was seven years old. How can her grandma decide that she was the next heir?

Both of them were in a small lovely house decorated with plants and bricks. This was Neola's grandma's home. As for her home, it was just beside her grandma's house in the same style.

"Grandma can feel you are the most fit to use grandma's power. Not only that but you're also chosen by this stellar spirit." Neola's grandma shows her a chain with an emblem hanging around her neck.

Neola stares at the emblem. Her eyes shone brightly. The emblem was so beautiful and it was carved in half-human and half-horse with wings on its back. The creature also was holding a bow and arrow. She already knew long ago that the carving was indicating Sagittarius Stellar. It's just...

Neola's feelings were divided because first, she does want to become her grandma's heir, but she will inherit the curse that her grandma had experienced when she first gained power. Second, she was afraid to have that power because she already knew what duties she would hold once she became the user of the emblem.

And the last one, the emblem was very pretty and definitely her favourite. If given a choice, she wanted the chain emblem without the power stored in it of course but that would be impossible. Her grandma laughed when she saw her contemplating and confused expressions.

Neola, who noticed her grandma was laughing at her, puffed her cheeks with air.

"Neola doesn't want to, grandma!"

She stubbornly decides not to be the heir to the power. It's not like she doesn't have other jewellery. Better be safe rather than work hard for the spirit in the emblem. So, not wanting to hear her grandma telling her stories about the reign of Queen Siarah again which she had heard many times, she ran away from there.

Her grandma sighed but there was a small smile on her lips.

"She's still young ..." A being like Sagittarius appeared on her right shoulder.

She nodded in agreement.

Two years later...

"Grandma!" Neola screamed when she arrived at her grandma's bedroom.

Tearful eyes saw her grandma being surrounded by her parents and relatives. In fact, her grandmother looked awful, unlike her cheerful expression. She looked so sick.

"Neola... Come here, child..." Her grandma called weakly to her after realising she was there.

Neola's mother immediately brought her to sit next to her grandma.

"Grandma, don't go! Don't leave Neola!" Neola cried out in tears. Her hands reach for her grandma's hands.

Her grandmother gave a small smile even though it was very hard for her to do that. She pulled Neola's hand and placed the Sagittarius emblem chain on her hands. After that, she clasped Neola's hand.

"My heir..."

She said her last word before releasing her last breath. Her face blossomed with a smile of relief after she saw Neola there and gave the chain emblem to Neola herself.

Neola, who felt her grandma's static body, cried more loudly. After her grandma died, she was depressed and didn't leave her room for several days. Not even have an appetite to eat for a while.

Neola loved her grandmother very much and always cried every time she remembered her. The emblem her grandmother had given her was placed on top of her mirrored cabinet. Her parents would always come to check on her condition.