I'm Echo

Art above from: manda1orians on Tumblr and Pinterest

- Part 2 of 'Is There an Echo in Here?'

Ahsoka was relieved that she didn't recognize the clone. If it were someone she knew, that would make their escape a lot harder.

"What is that symbol on the right side of his bandana?" Ahsoka's accomplice asked.

She put her hood on so her monterals wouldn't reflect the lights and glanced back. A white symbol contrasted the blood red cloth. Ahsoka had to strain her eyes to see it.

Eventually Ahsoka had her answer, "A skull, maybe it's their team's emblem."

The informant pulled out a compact data tablet while the standoff escalated. Streams of data filled the screen faster than Ahsoka had time to process.

"What do you mean your, "not Imperial?" Twi'lek shouted.

Tattoo face stepped an inch away from the wall, hands still raised, "We do not work for the Empire."

"We're gonna see about that," the informant mumbled.

Ahsoka continued watching them. One of the soldiers from the back of the room spoke up, his round goggles reflecting the light, "We were a part of the Republic, which is no more."

"Oh yeah?" the Twi'lek challenged, "if you were Republic soldiers, you would be clones."
_______

"They are clones."

A new voice said from the back of the room behind the bar. The room stilled, everyone taking in the appearance of their new guest,

Hunter was eyeing the hooded person's weapon wearily.

"Who are you?"

They made no move to show their face. Their hood dipped down a fraction as they calmly said, "You can call me Zi."

"Is that the only thing you are going to tell us, Zi?" Echo asked.

They shook their head. Moving so that they were fully facing Hunter. Staring him down even if he couldn't see their eyes.

"What do you want?" Hunter asked, shifting closer to Tech and Echo.

"I want to know why three soldiers of a five member experimental unit are in the Inner Rim."

"That is none of your concern," Tech said.

Zi shifted, tilting her head back. Almost as if they are considering their options. Or waiting for the scene to unfold. Hunter glanced around the room, trying to see if there was more that he should be considering.

His sharp eyes saw more movement behind the bar.

"Who is that?"

The Twi'lek, who was loosely following the situation. Now fully aware that this was no longer his fight. He started inching his way back.

Echo restrained him before Hunter even asked him too. Now everyone's focus was on the Twi'lek and the clone that was behind him.

"You're still needed here," Echo said.

The Twi'lek panicked, "It's them!"

"Who?"

"The data chip! It's theirs! They told me-"

The Twi'lek went limp, a flaming hole threw his temple. Everyone looked at Zi, who had not moved.

The bartender peeked around the door, "This is agent 56-443, you are under arrest for illegal smuggling of restricted information, and dealing with traitors of the Empire."