Chapter 14 (Comeback Chapter!)

Emily's P.O.V

It had been nearly 8 hours since y/n disappeared, you didn't know why but you were terrified, you knew this girl for barely a day and you already felt as though you had a strong connection with her. You had always thought about having kids of your own but with this job and never really having a stable partner you just were never able too, after you made your connection with y/n you understood that she never had a positive mother figure and you felt as though you could be that for her, you wanted to be that for her.

"Emily, it will be ok we're going to get her back." JJ said, snapping you out of your thoughts and lightly putting a kind hand on top of your own.

"Are you sure? We're up against Cat Adams here, she's been planning this for 16 years, she will not be outsmarted again." you said with concern coating your voice

"Em her plan has already been ruined, something happened that she wasn't expecting, that something was your connection with y/n. She's bound to make a mistake now that she doesn't have someone doing her bidding." JJ said as she squeezed your hand.

"I don't know JJ. I hope you're right." you said, trying to force a smile

After a couple of minutes Hotch walked into the station followed by Morgan and Spencer.

"Emily, I want you and Spencer to go back to the hotel and take a break." Hotch said looking at you and Spencer sternly

"Hotch with all do respect I- We want to help." you said feeling a mixture of sadness and anger

"Sir Emily is right, we can handle this." Spencer responded with concern

"I'm not asking you guys to leave the case, I'm asking you to take a break. Go to the hotel, take a nap, clear your head and be back here in three hours. It is not a request, it is an order, this case is affecting both of you personally and I need both of you at your best." Hotch said with a very stern tone making you realize there was tno point in arguing and Hotch was right.

"I'll be alright Em, when you come back we'll find y/n" JJ said, looking at you with promising eyes

"Hey Pretty boy! You better not come back with any more coffee." Morgan said, laughing and nodding his head toward Spencers 5th cup, causing you to laugh.

With that you and Spencer made your way out of the station and back to the hotel.

After you and Spencer went your separate ways and got settled in your rooms you took a nice hot shower and then put on some sweats and a white tank top and laid down, you couldn't have been in bed more than an hour when you were awoken by your phone buzzing, 1 missed phone call and two texts from Reid.

"Emily, are you up? I need your help ASAP

-Spencer"

"Emily got over here quickly! I gotta show you something!

-Spencer"

You read the texts and realized even though you were half awake these messages sounded nothing like Spencer, you quickly got up from your bed and grabbed your gun. You walked over to the room where he was staying and quickly noticed the door was propped open just a crack, you slowly pushed open the door to reveal Spencer tied to the hotel desk chair directly in front of you, he looked as though he had been beaten, his left eye was swollen, he had a cut just above his right eyebrow, and his lip was bleeding. You slowly began making your way into the room and over to Spencer with your gun drawn, you were a few feet away him when you noticed his eyes getting wide and fear coming onto his face, you went to turn around but before you could you felt something heavy smash into the ack of your head and you were out.