one

Hope wakes up to the sun shining through a crack in the blinds, It's boiling. She reaches over to her bedside table and grabs her phone, its 9am.

Her body's sticky from sweating so much during the night, She always had a shock coming back here with the weather. Every year she comes home weather beaten and her mother lays hell into her for not wearing sun screen, but hope valued being bronzed over protecting her skin anyway.

she drags herself out of bed and heads straight to the bathroom, she turn's the shower on and steps in feeling the cold water softly trickle down her body. Once she gets out she gets herself ready, she doesn't bother drying her hair or putting any makeup on, knowing full well it'll run down her face as soon as she jumps into the lake. She rummages through her bag for a black bikini, some denim short sand white cardigan leaving a mess of clothes on the bed, but that's a problem for later. She brushes her teeth her shoves her hair in a bun before making her way down to the garage.

It's heavily cluttered, her fathers a hoarder, it used to drive her mother crazy how he could never get rid of things. Everything's in this garage, from old bikes to boxes of hope's old baby clothes. She's not even sure if her bikes still rideable after it being sat in here for a whole year, but so far, it looks okay. She loves this bike, her dad bought it for her around two years ago as a welcome home gift, and she's got her use out of it every summer since, she places the bike by the door before heading to the kitchen. She throw's a few bottle's of water in her backpack and a few can's that had been sitting in the back of the fridge since god knows when, her father wont notice.

She lock's the door behind her as she jumps on the bike and begins peddling up the street, By the time she reaches the maximoff's wanda's already waiting outside with her bike.

The pair cycle to the lake which is just shy of a 15 minute ride. The sun is sweltering and it'll only get warmer from here. When they arrive Peter and Mj are already there, sat on a stripy towel with their bikes neatly to the side of them.

"oh my god, i don't believe it, HOPE" Mj beamed as she makes her way over to hope with open arms. "it's officially summer now you're here"

"I've missed you guys" she says before giving peter a hug.

"wow, you'r hair, it's so short" Peter says. Hope playfully flicks her hair back with her right hand. "well, i needed a change now we're officially no longer collage students" Hope sits down as she rip's her bag open and take's out a can from her bag.

"It's not even 10am yet" Mj chuckles as Hope opens her can.

"Hope i heard you'r dad's got a new girlfriend" peter says. They're all sat on the blanket, facing the river. The sun causes it to glitter ever so often and the warm breeze creates ripples in the water. It's like something from a book.

"Better Hope she's nothing like you're mother" Mj jokes as she takes a sip of her can.

"Yeah, me too. Christ, could you imagine?"

"yeah, your mom's a bitch, i wish you just stay here"

"okay she prefers disciplinary" Hope spits, sarcastically. "and i'm thinking about it, my mother's taken up being a vegan and that's like all we've got in the apartment"

"that's unlucky" peter adds.

wanda takes out a pre rolled joint as she begins passing it around.

"you want some, Pete?" Hope asks with the joint pinched lightly between her fingers. "uh, im good" he replies.

Hope lifts her shoulder's before going to pass it back yo Mj. "actually, yeah. i will"

"you sure? she asks