Twelve

Hope rubs her eyes before tossing over to the side. She must've forgotten to close her window last night because the sound of her father and Sarah's voices are crystal clear from the garden.

The hose is running, Sarah must be watering the plants.

She reaches for her phone on her nightstand before tugging the charger out from the bottom, and to her absolute delight, she's greeted with an unopened message from, of course, James.

James - had a dream about you last night, tea?:)

I'm surprised you remembered, you where pretty wasted. What happened in your dream?

James - Can't tell you that, I can show you though 😉

Perv.

A knock from the door snaps Hope back to reality. "You decent, honey?" Her fathers voice speaks.

"Yeah, come on"

He opens the door as Hope tosses her phone onto the bed. "Did you sleep okay?" He says as he leans up against the doorframe.

"Yeah not too bad"

"You up for a road trip?" He asks.

"Today?" She asks with a puzzled look, he nods his head. "Yeah my buddy Carl from the shop rented a beach house in Maine for a few days but his wife's just gone into early labour so he offered it to us. It's only a few days, and it's right by the beach. You can bring Wanda if you'd like too, Steve's bringing bucky" he explains, and she can barley contain her joy.

"Yeah sure dad, I'd love that" she replies, he gives her a friendly nod before turning to exit the room "be ready by 11".

She reaches over for her phone once again and sends wanda a text.

Pack a bag, we're going on a road trip

Impulsive, I like it. Right on it.

Steve offered to drive the youngsters, so they packed the car and set off for the couple hours trip. Bucky's in the front with Steve and Hope and Wanda are sat in the back.

Wanda's legs sit comfortably on Hope's lap, and of course, in typical Wanda fashion, she's fast asleep already.

The musics blaring and the sun's shining. Bucky passes Hope a beer, they're hands touching in the process causing her breath to hitch for a second as Steve shoots him an unpleased look "dude, really?"

"Please, like you didn't drink at that age" bucky defends. Steve glances in the rear view mirror before letting out a heavy sigh "don't tell your dad".

She cracks open the beer before shifting back in a comfortable position. She reaches for her phone.

Bucky - I could really do with some tea.

Once again James, perv.

-

The beach house is beautiful, simple and white with lots of windows, although that's hardly the best part since the building sits on the most beautiful beach Hopes ever seen.

The house is located in a tiny town, rose hills a relatively quiet town until the summer, more specifically, a hot spot for teenagers. In fact the young boy that served bucky at the local store when he was buying a six pack mentioned a beach party tonight, and of course, bucky would never turn down a party.

The open living room and kitchen was spotless, cheesy souvenirs are scattered over every service. Wanda and Hope had first pick out of the three bedrooms. They decided to leave the biggest to her father and Sarah, but they didn't hesitate to dump their belongings in the second biggest, which also had a balcony overlooking the breath taking beach, which of course, left bucky and Steve with the smallest room although they didn't complain too much.