Prologue....

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

It wasn't easy.

Moving on from a life that meant so much to him, a woman who he loved so dearly that his heart couldn't feel an ounce of affection for another. It didn't flutter as it used to at the mere mention of the name he had held sacred in his embrace, it didn't feel the warmth of touching the things she possessed and it certainly didn't melt at the sight of another.

In search of those green eyes, he looked far and wide trying to reach a clue, a simple hint that would've been enough to know where she was and how she was, alas!

A sigh of exhaustion went past his lips as his feet carried him outside the office premises, the glass building glimmering under the scrutiny of Istanbul's nightlife.

His shoes padded against the cobblestone creating a soft hum as he walked the way to his car with his coat hugging his shoulders to the perfect fit, he stuffed his hands in the pockets of the camel-colored apparel feeling the warmth that melted the iciness off his fingertips.

Foggy breath created a halo around him as he breathed out into the cold winter night. His grey eyes squinting at the lake that shimmered under the bright moon, the water calm as the cool breeze caressed the surface like a protective mother, easing its worries and spreading her calm down till its depth.

Zahan shook his head at the urge to walk along the shore feeling the intensity of the cold, his pale cheeks and nose turning a shade of pink with his hair falling on his forehead in a beautiful mess, coming from a fairly cool environment he had thought it'd be easy but it was much more than he could've thought.

Five years since he had moved here, away from the shackles of his life in Swat. The city was painted with her memories, and even the deepest and darkest forest was haunted by her voice and her memories. No matter how strong he pretended to be, Zahan Alam Khan was never strong when it came to her.

For he was a failed lover at heart, who missed his beloved from the bottom of his soul. His eyes missed the feeling of gazing into her earthy green ones, melting against the warmth of her fingers, and to feel her soft lips against his cheekbone. His own body was a canvas once marked by her, and in those moments the woman has claimed him as hers and he shall remain hers till the end of time. The simple fact that she didn't even care to think of all the time they had spent together was enough to form a void in his heart that compelled him to hate her. To hate her for all her stupidity and all the emotional drama she has created.

What was he doing here? why was he hoping that maybe he'll find her? It was like she had disappeared from this world like she never existed like she was only a dream, a fragment of his imagination. Was she real? And if she was, where was she?

▬▬▬▬▬

"I've heard he's enjoying his night"

"It's his 40th anniversary"

"Let's send him a surprise, shall we?"

▬▬▬▬▬

Assalamualaikum guys,

How are you all?

I hope you've missed these two just as much as I have, and I hope I do justice to these two.

Allah Hafıza.

Love
Hafsa Tahir