chapter 8.

--------

--------

Zahan's pov.

Last time I saw this building was when I came here with my friend who had some business this so called miss mahtab and i hadn't even bothered to go inside the meeting room with him since it was his work and i didnt want to intrude. Today it's me who brought a proposition for miss mahtab's business, i would say that i'm impressed at how big this company and its name is and to think that i'd be here asking her to buy shares in my company to take it to the top was something i had never thought.

That's the thing i never thought this day would come but here it is and i'm not sure as to what to think of this moment, my breathing is uneven. My hands are slowly turning numb and as her assistant guides to the vice president's office i could only wonder if this was a good decision, maybe i should avoid her, maybe i should just forget all that had found out and stay where i am not knowing that every movement off mine is being scrutinized and looked after.

The realization of all the things that had been going in my favor for this long makes my throat close, how close has she been to me all along and all I was naive enough to believe she had gone somewhere far. My eyes darted from one point to another in hopes of getting a glimpse of her but why? That's not why I'm here, I may want to keep her in my sight but the affection was something I couldn't recall any longer.

Was she just a memory I wanted to reminisce about or was I really craving the sight of her because I missed her?

You don't miss someone you hate zahan.

I blinked once before smiling at the man who had forwarded his hand towards me in greeting and I no longer kept checking on how the time passed and how I conversed, all I knew was that my thirty minutes were over and the man seemed pleased to hear all that I had to offer.

“Your proposition sounds promising and it has the stats to back it up, i'll discuss this with the ceo and talia will get in touch with you” ahmed said and i nodded my head, business meetings were exhausting even if they were as short as thirty minutes.

Talia the lady in a black skirt and white blouse smiled politely and I responded with something similar,  think. As I was walking out of the meeting room a wave of nostalgia hit me and I shuddered, not too long ago we were working under the same roof with Chacho as our boss and her as the assistant manager. I had to admit the situation was ironic as now I was the guest looking forward to cracking the deal with her to expand the business we had wished to succeed.

Ms.talia was saying something and I had zoned out half of the things she was saying probably because I had to pick Holly up from the vet and get her home soon, only god knew how much she must've suffered because of that skin condition. I am partially to be blamed but it's my first time owning a pet and being a parent is hard especially to a very shy adult cat.

“It was nice meeting you” I said , shaking hands with them and making my way to the door when a commotion was heard. My eyes were blinded by how bright the camera flashes were as a group of men in black escorted the woman inside the building.