chapter 4.

--------

-------

There was something about tonight, something that was mixing reality with fantasy that was pulling at the strings of the hearts of those that have yearned for peace the most. The cold was soft on their skin, a light breeze of calm that washed their worries away from their minds and as the day progressed towards its end a sigh escaped his lips as the man admired the beauty of the night as if it was his first day in this beautiful city full of life.

The moon reminded him of the countless nights he had spent staying awake with a cup of coffee sitting at his desk that he would always forget about or maybe ignored until another one came through the door for him with a loud intruder who maybe always ignored the half drunk coffee he made for himself. Those days were full of bliss, there was not a single moment he wanted to erase from his memory and much like today there were nights where all he ever wanted was to go back to those oblivious nights he had spent with her.

The time when a smile was his best accessory, the end of work was the time he was the happiest and the moments where he witnessed those foolish grins on her face. His head followed the sound of his office door opening and he found his assistant standing in the doorway, the man cleared his throat and Zahan turned his head back to the city he was facing.

"Will you not be going home again tonight?" Ahmer asked making zahan shake his head, he didn't want to leave yet. Going home to an empty house was the worst part of his day, especially after Hamza left taking his childish loud voice with him.

"I will, just not yet" he replied, joining his hands behind his back and taking in deep breaths of the night breeze.

Ahmer stared at the back of the man he had only heard of for years before he actually started working for him under Zaryabs reference. He often wondered

how he knew zaryab and who was the heartless woman to him but he never found the night to his questions.

It was almost eight years ago when he first came across her, injured, starved and kept locked in the cell across from his. He was abducted for trying to run away with Arbazs money and the way he was treated, he could never imagine how she was surviving; he was only seventeen then and in need of money with nowhere to go and no funds to pay for his college fee he didn't have an option but to seek help from someone who his parents would have kept him away from him. Oftentimes he wondered if she was just a dead body kept tied to the wall but when she would groan in pain he would snap out of his thoughts. She was scary. Not just the huge scar on her face but the way she would often act, ahmer would feel a tremor running down his spine.

It was the very end of winter and he remembers evidently when he got a call from someone he hadn't known, his soul was in his throat when he found out who had contacted him and for a long moment he couldn't believe his eyes.