chapter 1

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

There wasn't much one could do on a lonely and rainy evening when everyone was advised to stay at home and enjoy a warm cup of coffee under the impression of a cozy night and a beautiful view of rain out their windows, well not everyone had the same impression of rain and as the khan brother took a long walk by the  Bosphorus with cups of Turkish tea and roadside snacks in hand Hamza and Zahan felt peace just walking with the sound of rushing waves against their eardrums. 

"How come you're all silent?" Zahan was the one to ask his brother taking note of his silence ever since he had moved in with him a few weeks back, it had been a good year since he had met his brother and now that the younger one was here he couldn't help but notice just how much he had grown up. 

"No reason" he spoke with a far away look on his face as he tilted his head back feeling the first drop of rain hitting his skin. Zahan smiled to himself before hooking his arm around Hamza's neck and dragging him forward with himself, the two of them laughed as they under the cloak of rain with the growing darkness that surrounded them.  

"Remember the time Ayan nearly drowned Minahil?" Hamza asked in a fit of laughter as they neared their house, the carefree environment died soon as a loud gunshot ran nearby, Zahan ducked his brother's head down flinching himself as the two made a beeline for the door. His heartbeat raised with every sound that rang in the area, and a series of flashbacks ruined his breathing rhythm.

"Bhai. Zahan Bhai" Hamza shook his brother awake from the pain he had been feeling unconsciously causing Zahan to move his gaze from the floor up to the familiar grey eyes of his brother that had been staring at him in concern making a smile come up to his lips as he tried reassuring Hamza that everything was fine but the younger version of himself was still shocked.

"What was that?" Hamza asked as the chaos settled down. Their minds were puzzled by the end of the show, and all they could do was stare at each other before shaking their heads settling for the fact that it must've been police fire or something else not meant for them to fret over.

"The house feels so quiet" Hamza muttered under his breath making Zahan nod with a nostalgic smile taking over his features.

"If it had been back home, someone must've been yelling from some corner of the house" Zahan chuckled remembering the time he had visited them at home, when they all have moved in from what took place in their lives, from the loss, from the grief and from people who were as good as gone by now.

"If this doesn't stop within the next second I'm going to--"

"I SWEAR TO GOD HAMZA" Shayla yelled making Zahan stare wide-eyed at the two wild siblings pulling each other's hair, it was one of those moments when he wondered how he had survived most years of his life in this household.