chapter 10.

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

Evening came faster than they had thought, as the air grew chilly so did the tension in their chest. His throat dried and the collar of his shirt choked him to the point he had to adjust it every other minute.

The black of his tux reminded him of the nights he had spent questioning if it was all his fault, it reminded him of the dark that loomed over them, the blindfold he had put up on his own eyes to never have noticed her.

In a matter of mere months he had found the one he had been looking for since ages and now that he knew she was there he didn't know what to make out of it.

Zahan failed to accept the fact that Zoya was really there, right there In Front of him. She was everywhere and he couldn't notice.

The party was in full swing, people had come to greet him, Ahmed had given him a tour of the old mansion that was buzzing with life and glamor, his eyebrows rose up at the mention of Mahtab being the owner of this grand place. The place weirdly reminded him of his grandfather's haveli that had similar hallways, huge pillars and exquisite art work but it also deeply saddened him that this place stayed abandoned for most part of the year.

He had just returned to the ballroom when the camera flashes turned wild as the door opened, he could barely see past the swarm of reporters who were held back by the insane amount of bodyguards.

"You made it" his view was blocked by a very excited Talia, he tried to look past her but she kept talking and getting in his way. Frustration seeped through him and he glared at her, it did make her go quiet but by that time the doorway was empty and every reporter had left.

"Ladies and gentlemen" the host cleared his throat in the mic and every person in the room turned towards him.

"Ms. Mahtab Usman" he announced and every eye in the room stayed stuck on the stage where a woman in maroon stepped forward. Her face was covered with a black mask as always but the way she stood before the crowd it seemed as though the mask was the least of her worries.