|| Growing Pains

❝GILBERT RESIDENCE❞

GILBERT RESIDENCE

There was a bright white light and the sounds of church bells ringing, sirens, and yard work going on could be heard. Suddenly, Elena gasped for air and woke up. It was morning. Stefan was sitting on the end of her bed, watching her.

Skylar standing right next to him, hands on his shoulder, she was wearing a white dress with hear pattern tights, white heels, her hair in a curly bun and red lipstick.

Elena seemed confused about what was going on around her. "Stefan ? Skylar ?"

"Hey. I'm right here. You've been in and out for hours." as Skylar said taking her hand, "Those have been long hours."

"Wh-what happened?" as Stefan shared a look to his sister before Skylar sighed nodding to him.

"You were in an accident." as Elena asked, "Oh my God. Matt is he...?"

Damon interrupted, he was sitting on the window seat next to Elena's bed. "Alive ?" as Elena, Skylar and Stefan looked at him. "Ask Stefan. The hero."

"Is this really the time for snark Damon ?" Skylar asked as Damon said, "There is always a time for snark sister." as Skylar rolled her eyes.

Elena looked back to the Salvatore Twins. "He's fine."

"Thank you. I thought that I – how did you...?" Elena asked as Stefan said, " Save you? He didn't."

"When Jeremy brought you to the hospital before all this happened, your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made a choice, she used Damon's blood to heal you." Stefan said.

"And when Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Elena." Damon said as Skylar could see Elena start to panic.

"Oh my God. Does - does that mean that I – am I dead?" as the siblings said nothing.

"No, no, no, no! That wasn't supposed to happen!" Elena said to them as Skylar said holding her hand, "We know, we know, and we would have never wanted this for you."

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie, she says she's stronger than ever, there might be something that she can do to help you." Stefan said as Damon said, "No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition."

"We have all day before she has to feed, Damon. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this." Stefan said as Damon said, "There is no way out of it. We all know the drill. You feed or you die. There is no door number three."