Let Me Help You [ 🛌☁️ ]

Requested by @Space__Bean . Thank you and I hope you enjoy! :)

---

You thought about the feed bill you had received earlier that morning as you walked back to the farmhouse. Almost 3000g to feed your cows alone, all for 10 gallons of milk a week at most. You were doing everything right, yet you were continually losing money. You were reminded of this as you set a completely dry, empty milk bucket back on its shelf in the barn.

I knew I wouldn't make it as a farmer. I should have just stayed at that stupid job at Joja Co. At least I was making some money there. You wanted to be able to provide for your husband and the two of you were thinking about starting a family in the near future. There was no way you could do that when you were losing money this bad.

Your legs shook as you started to think about it. You didn't want to tell Harvey about your financial trouble. He would start working more at the clinic and the job already stressed him out enough. Plus, there was no way you two could afford a baby now. The two of you had been talking about becoming parents for a while, and you didn't know how to tell Harvey that it might not be a good idea anymore.

Anymore. The word hit you like a brick. Just a month ago everything was going fine. Pretty much as soon as winter hit, everything went south. Of course,  weren't able to grow produce, which you had been expecting, but you had no clue that your livestock would stop production as well. You were banking on your milk, egg, and wool sales to get you through the rest of the year.

You shakily opened the front door to see your husband reading peacefully on the couch. Would he leave if he found out how bad it is? The thought brought tears to your eyes. "Hi, darling." He smiled as he set down his medical journal.

"Hi." Your voice cracked as you tried to stifle the tears you could feel welling up. Before he could respond with anything else, you sprinted to your bedroom and into the bathroom, quickly locking the door.

You sat down and started bawling, shaking uncontrollably. The idea of potentially losing Harvey set you over the edge. He wanted stability and a family, and right now you couldn't give him that. You heard your husband walk into the bedroom, concerned, and you tried to silence your sobs.

"Dear?" He knocked lightly on the door. "What's wrong? Can I come in?"

"Not right now." You wept.

You heard him sit down outside the door and lean his head against it. "Please? Would you at least tell me what's happening?"

You took a deep breath. This was your chance to tell him about everything. Maybe he would have an idea about what to do. Or maybe he would leave you. You knew he would ever do that, but you loved him so much that even the slightest risk of losing him was enough to scare you.

You reached up and unlocked the door. You listened as Harvey stood up and slowly opened it, his eyes widening at your sorry state as you rocked back and forth on the floor.

Instantly he sat down and wrapped his strong arms around you, bringing you close against his chest. "(Y/N), are you hurt?"

You shook your head and accepted you needed to be open with your husband. "Not physically, but financially."

His eyes went a little wider. "What do you mean?"

"We- we're hemorrhaging money, Harvey!" You cried into his chest. "I'm a horrible farmer! I can't get the animals to do anything anymore! We're going to go broke! And it's all my fault!"

He stroked your hair and kissed the top of your head, keeping one arm wrapped tightly around you. "Shh, shh." He took off his glasses and rested his head atop of yours. "It's going to be alright."