Harvesting Desire [ 🍋 ] (Female Reader)

This chapter was requested anonymously! I hope you all enjoy it! If you'd like to request a chapter, DM me!

🚩 tw: THIS IS SO SMUTTY 🚩

--

Since your farm had become successful in the Valley, Mayor Lewis had invited you to accompany him to a Business and Agriculture convention for local towns. This meant you had to spend a week in Zuzu City, away from the farm and your husband, Harvey. You were sad about leaving, but mostly you were worried about how your farm would survive without you for so long.

You had spent weeks leading up to the conference working with Harvey to teach him everything he would need to do on the farm in your absence. To say he struggled would be putting it lightly. It took him most of the morning just to turn on the sprinklers and pick the ripe produce. You weren't sure which would break first in your absence, your husband or the farm.

However, the conference had been successful and Mayor Lewis seemed thrilled with the results. The bus had just returned to Stardew Valley and you couldn't wait to get home, but you were absolutely terrified to see the state of the farm. It had taken years to get your grandfather's farm back to its full glory, and you knew that Harvey would try his best to keep it in top shape. However, his best is what concerned you. You had called Harvey almost every night from the hotel phone, and he hadn't mentioned any problems, but you were still worried. You knew he wouldn't mention something if he thought it would worry you.

That being said, you were almost back home to the farm and it looked from a distance that everything was still standing. The farmhouse looked fine, both of your silos still stood tall, and you could hear the soft clucks of the chickens in your front yard as you finally stepped foot onto your property.

You looked around, surprised by the serenity of the place. It looked exactly as you had left it...if not even better. There was a new coat of paint on the barn, the crops looked healthy, and the animals were abuzz with joy. You looked around to try and find the man responsible for it all when you saw Harvey across the acreage, working on something next to the sheep barn.

You dropped your luggage and started to run over to him. He didn't hear you approaching, and you stopped for a moment to watch him work. He seemed to be working something in the ground, powerfully digging with a metal shovel. "Harvey?"

Your husband instantly looked up to see you, a grin spreading across his face with uncontrollable joy. "(Y/N)!" He tossed down the shovel he was holding before taking a few steps forward to catch you in his arms. You had missed him more than you initially realized as you felt his arms wrap around you, securing you against him as he buried his face in your hair. "I'm so glad you're home, my darling. Oh, how I missed you."

"Me too." You sighed, taking in his scent. He smelled just as you remembered, but slightly muskier. You took a step back to look up at him and gasped loudly.

"What?" He asked, looking slightly alarmed by your outburst. You couldn't focus on anything he was saying, instead, your eyes lingered on his typically clean-shaven jawline which now boasted a surprisingly full beard. You timidly reached up to touch it.

"You...you...you grew a beard?" You asked him, still a little shocked. While you were surprised, you weren't upset. If anything, you kind of liked this change, though you were definitely still partial to his mustache. "I thought you said beards were too unprofessional for a doctor?"

Your husband chuckled softly, almost embarrassed. "Well, uh, I ended up taking the week off of work, you see." He gestured to the farm. "This takes a lot of effort to keep up, I quickly learned. The first night you were gone, I was so tired after doing the daily chores that I fell asleep before I could set my alarm. I woke up a little late, so I didn't have time to shave. The next morning when I woke up, I saw that had grown the start to a half-decent beard, so I decided to try it out. And, well, that was several days ago... I'm so sorry, honey, I meant to shave it before you returned. I must have lost track of time." He fumbled his gloves off, rambling through his words.